Donetsk is a large industrial town and administrative center of Donetsk Oblast. It is situated on the banks of the Kalmius River. If you plan to export a car to Donetsk, Ukraine on your own, you may run into issues. The first issue is political because of the conflict going on between Ukraine and Russia.
The second issue you may run into is the rules and laws regarding importing a vehicle into Ukraine are not very clear. To add to that, Ukrainian government could have chosen to pass a law that would decrease the amount of taxes paid when importing vehicles but then did not pass it. There are more details on this subject below. It’s always a good idea to be aware of the new laws that may change the current importation taxes coming up in the future.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Ukrainian government was going to decrease the import taxes and duties from their original fees but then decided to pass the legislation that would raise the taxes paid on import and utilization when it comes to transporting vehicles from another country into Ukraine. Presently, the criteria for determining duties for imported vehicles into Ukraine are based on the vehicles’ value:
- For engine volume between 1,500 cc = 6.46%
- For engine volume between 1,500 to 2,200 cc = 12.95%
If you are bringing a vehicle into the Ukraine for a short visit, perhaps two months, you will not need to register your vehicle with the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Also, any vehicle brought into Ukraine cannot be more than five years old. To ship your vehicle to Ukraine, you will need the following documentation:
- Your passport and visa.
- Bill of Lading.
- Certificates of origin and conformity.
- Customs cargo declaration.
- Declaration of customs value.
- Purchase invoice or a bill of sale.
- Evidence that you have paid taxes and duties.
Taxes and Duties to Pay for Importing a Vehicle.
You will also be required to pay a value added tax, or VAT in addition to the other taxes and duties mentioned above. The VAT will be 20%. Other charges you may encounter will be customs charges, however there will only be a charge if you need your vehicle stored for a while or if you need an inspection during a time that they are not opened for business. If you plan to keep your vehicle in the Ukraine for more than two months, you will need to register it with the State Automobile Inspection.
When shipping a vehicle to places like Donetsk, Ukraine, you may have a few choices. You could air ship your vehicle or you can choose to roll on/roll off your vehicle onto a cargo ship, or you can choose container shipping instead. These are the three most popular choices in vehicle shipping. The most expensive of the three would be air shipping so this method is used the least. If you choose roll on, roll off shipping, this is probably the least expensive way to get your vehicle to Ukraine. In order to use the RO/RO method, your vehicle would need to be completely empty of any items, except for items such as the spare tire, floor mats, and car jack.
If you choose to ship your vehicle using container shipping, you will be able to place other personal belongings in with the vehicle as well. The large container will hold your vehicle as well as other items and it is allowed by Ukrainian customs. You can choose from two different sized containers. If you choose a large container, you can even share with someone else so you can decrease the amount it will cost you to ship your vehicle over.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory