Ship Your Car To Or From Ukraine
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping costs to the Ukraine from the U.S. start at $2,400 for basic cars and go up to $5,200 for larger vehicles and premium services.
- There are additional costs that apply once the car arrives, both for import taxes and registration fees.
There are two factors that complicate the issue or exporting a car to the Ukraine currently. One is the political turmoil in the area due to the conflict between Russian and Ukraine. A related concern is that there may be sanctions imposed by the U.S. that will cause more restrictive trade agreements in the region, making it more difficult (and expensive) to ship a car to the country.
The second factor is that the laws which govern auto imports in Ukraine are confusing, which is made worse by the fact that the Ukrainian government reversed course on a law that would have lowered the tax on imported vehicles. We’ll go over the details below, but it’s important to keep in mind that there are likely future changes ahead that will affect import taxes and laws in the country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
The Ukraine had planned to reduce import duties on vehicles, but they reversed the decision and passed legislation that increases the import and utilization taxes on any foreign vehicle that is brought into the country. Import duties for vehicles coming into Ukraine are assessed based on the following criteria. Percentages are based on the value of the vehicle.
- 6.46 % for engine volume between 1,500 CC
- 12.95 % for engine volume between 1,500 & 2,200 CC
For temporary stays in the country, vehicles are granted two months in Ukraine before they must be registered with the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Vehicles that are shipped to Ukraine must be manufactured in the past five years.
Click here to learn more and find information about licensing, driving and auto insurance in the Ukraine.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To The Ukraine
- Bill of lading
- Passport & visa
- License & international insurance
- Customs cargo declaration
- Certificates of origin and conformity
- Evidence of payment of taxes & duties
- Purchase invoice or bill of sale
- Declaration of customs value
- Vehicle title
Taxes & Duties
In addition to the import taxes mentioned above, there is also a value added tax (VAT) of 20% that applies to vehicles shipped to Ukraine. Customs charges may also apply, but only if you require temporary storage of the vehicle or customs inspection outside of normal business hours.
Auto Shipping To Ukraine – Resources
Cargo Clearance Documents – For a full explanation of the required documents and paperwork for importing cargo to Ukraine, this in-depth resource has all the information you’ll need.
State Automobile Inspection, Ukraine – Motor vehicles that will be transported to the Ukraine for more than two months must be registered with the State Automobile Inspection.
U.S. Embassy In Ukraine – Perhaps the best resource available if you’re an American living in Ukraine or plan on moving there, either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?