Shipping a vehicle to Australia from the U.S. is worth it if you plan on moving to the country or staying there for an extended period of time.
Having your own car to cruise the nation makes the experience more enjoyable. It also makes it easier to get where you need to go without the hindrance of language or currency barriers.
Besides paying the shipping costs to the transport company, you’ll have to pay import fees too. You may pay more in taxes than you do for the actual transport services. The taxes must be paid before the date of transport and Customs will need proof of the payment. Once they receive the receipt along with the other documents needed, they’ll issue a certificate of import approval for the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Australia’s Vehicle Import Taxes.
All countries have the ability to set their own tax and duty rates. They’re also liable to change at any time. Make sure you call the Embassy of Australia a couple months before your scheduled transport. They’ll fill you in on any changes made to their import policy.
- Australia charges a 10% Goods and Services Tax.
- You may pay up to 50% of the car’s value for the VAT.
- Vehicle’s over the age of 30 years old are not charged an import duty.
- Vehicles under the age of 30 years old are charged a 10% import duty.
- Additional fees and taxes may be charged for luxury vehicles or extra storage.
- Off road, 4 wheel drive and commercial vehicles are charged a 5% import duty.
The professionals at the transport company are very familiar with the import laws of other nations. They’ll guide you through from beginning to end. Shipping your car to Australia will be easier done with the experts of the auto transport industry.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?