Ship Your Car To Or From Hobart, Australia
The Tasmanian city of Hobart is a popular tourist attraction in Australia. It is also the capital of state of Tasmania and has lots of history that dates back to 1803. Located on the Derwent River on the south eastern end of the state, and is a bustling seaport. If you plan to visit or move to Tasmania, bringing your own vehicle with you is not a complicated process.
Learn more about shipping a car to Australia.
A1 Auto Transport Service can assist you in transporting your vehicle completely from one port to another or you can elect the door-to-door option and have it all taken care of while you do other things. Because there are several ports in Australia that you can choose from to deliver your vehicle to. As each port has their own fees and charges, it is not easy to estimate the total it will cost you to import your vehicle until you know more details about your import first.
Working with your designated shipping agent through A-1 Auto Transport Service will ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork needed for this journey and you have followed all the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle so there are no delays, or any delays experienced are minimal. While it doesn’t always go easily, it is good to know that you have hired an experienced transporting company that has over twenty years of experience behind them and know what to do every step.
Vehicles that operate in the country of Australia have standards that must be adhered to in order to continue to operate. Imported vehicles are no different. Because of these standards, you may need to modify your vehicle and have maintenance work completed on your vehicle prior to its importing date. The cost of these modifications and maintenance work is going to be your responsibility.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Necessary Steps for Importing
If you have a standard size vehicle, it can cost you between $3500 to $6000 total. With this total comes additional fees that include duties and taxes. That is traveling from a port in the United States to the port in Australia. You and your shipping agent will work hard to get your vehicle prepared for shipping. You may not know what all is involved in vehicle preparation but you can rest assured that your A1 Auto Transport Service shipping agent does. You will first need to begin the process by obtaining a vehicle import permit from the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
- You will then need to file import declaration and pay your customs duty and all taxes
- You will be responsible for filing for a quarantine inspection and set up appointment if your vehicle is quarantined
- You will be responsible for having modifications done to your vehicle if necessary and having it tested prior to releasing the vehicle
- You are responsible for applying for plates and registering your vehicle while in Australia.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Australia
You will need to come up with the documentation prior to beginning this process. There is a lot of paperwork involved so make copies of everything to have on hand and to leave in your vehicle. Send a copy of the paperwork with your shipping agent as well. The documents that you will be required to submit to the Australian Customs Department include:
- Purchase document
- Valid registration
- International driver’s license
- Identity page on your passport
- Current Australian Visa
You will have two methods of shipping to choose from; Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. With Roll On/ Roll Off shipping, your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it will be strapped down and secured. Once it reaches the port in Australia, it will be driven off of the ship and into the hands of customs for clearance. The container shipping method will involve your vehicle being placed inside the container where you will have the opportunity to load it the rest of the way with clothing and household goods before it is sealed up and loaded by crane onto the deck of the ship. This method allows your vehicle to stay protected throughout the trip from one country to another. You can choose from two different sized containers which will house a small vehicle or large vehicle depending on your needs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?