Shipping a vehicle from the United States to Melbourne Australia is a very wise decision if you plan on staying in the beautiful city for a while or even for permanent residency. Located in the state of Victoria, Melbourne has been named one of the most liveable cities. It appeals to everyone, even families.
The roadways in Melbourne are similar to that of the United States. They are paved and well constructed. Traveling is simple and public transportation is accessible. Like most everyone else in Melbourne, having your own transportation in the city will make travel easier.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What are the Shipping Method Choices?
When considering vehicle shipment from the U.S. to Melbourne, consider these two popular options, the roll on, roll off method and the container method. These methods are the cheapest of the options.
The RO/RO method allows an empty to vehicle to simply roll on to and off of the ship. The vehicle can only contain a car jack, a spare tire and floor mats.
The container shipping method is popular amongst those trying to ship other belongings as well. The vehicle can be filled as well as the remaining space in the container size you selected. The container can also be shared with another person willing to split the shipping costs.
What Will I Need to Ship a Vehicle?
Considering that regulations are subject to change at any given time, it is always best to contact the Embassy of Australia to find out exactly what is needed. With that being said, there are certain criteria that must be followed and specific forms of documentation that are always necessary for shipment.
- Title and registration.
- License or picture ID.
- Proof of purchase.
- Submission of a letter of compliance to the government of Australia.
- Vehicle must be left-handed or older than 1989.
- Fill out approval for shipment form and have it accepted.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?