Vehicle shipment can be confusing when shipping to a foreign country from the United States, but Australia’s rules and regulations aren’t nearly as demanding. Shipping a vehicle can be done and it will prove to be very beneficial to anyone moving there or staying in the city of Perth, Australia for a good length of time.
The most important thing is to consider the amount of money it will cost and make sure that you are prepared to pay for the services as well as the duties required. Vehicle shipment isn’t all that expensive if you select to ship it by boat.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Shipping to Perth.
After deciding to ship your vehicle to Perth, there are two very popular methods in which to choose from. RO/RO and container shipping methods are amongst the most commonly chosen. These methods allow a vehicle to be shipped by sea.
The RO/RO shipping method requires that the empty vehicle be rolled onto and off of the ship. The car must only contain a spare tire, a car jack, and some floor mats. This method is the least expensive.
The container method allows a vehicle to be filled with belongings. The remaining space in the container can also be filled with possessions. The container can be shared with another person to help ease the cost of shipment.
What Is Needed Before Shipping My Vehicle?
Prior to vehicle shipment, contact the Embassy of Australia to see what is needed prior to shipping a vehicle. Also, ask any other questions that you might have before going through with vehicle shipment. They will help to ease any of your concerns. Make sure to address and gather the following:
- Title and registration.
- License or picture ID.
- Proof of purchase.
- Submission of a letter of compliance to the government of Australia.
- Vehicle must be left-handed or older than 1989.
- Fill out approval for shipment form and have it accepted.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?