Ship Car To Wollongong
Wollongong is a seaside town located in the region of Illawarra in New South Wales in Australia. With plenty of opportunities to study, work or even retire in comfort, there is a sizable population of expatriates that call the city home.
However, the only necessity that cannot be overlooked is having your own vehicle to traverse the Australian city limits.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
With this in mind, if you plan to ship your vehicle to Wollongong, it is important to work with a reputable carrier such as A1 Auto Transport company to ensure a hassle-free transport. We have been in business for a couple of decades and have shipped plenty of vehicles to New Zealand and Australia over the years.
The regulations which are set forth by the government are rather specific, especially when it comes to export and import of vehicles and that’s why only experienced shippers would be capable of guaranteeing a smooth process without any delays and additional hassles. It’s important to note this because it’s paramount to the success of your endeavor.
Steps to get your car shipped to Wollongong.
The first thing that you’d need to consider is securing the paperwork in advance. The import is the first piece of document that you have to obtain from the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. The Registered Automotive Workshop member is going to navigate the entire process. There are requirements that you can check upon contacting the Australia Customs Authority. Even though there are quite a lot of steps, some of them feature:
- File an import declaration and pay all of the taxes and the duties.
- File for the required quarantine inspection.
- Get the modifications installed and make sure to test them out.
- Apply for identification plates and registration within the country itself.
Vehicles up to 30 years old are subjected to 5% duty and 10% GST, if they are over there is no duty and you have to pay 10% GST.
Upon discussing all the specifications with the shipper, you would also have to discuss the shipping option with him. You want to choose between an RORO and container shipping. The latter is appropriate for expensive vehicles and for people who want to ship other belongings. The former, on the other hand, is cheaper but personal belongings are not included and the vehicle is going to be exposed to the weather conditions throughout the time of the shipping process.
Prior to Shipping.
There are also quite a few things that you might want to take into account prior to getting the vehicle shipped. They are going to save you a lot of time.
- Get the car steamed in order to avoid all sorts of unnecessary quarantine checkups when you arrive in Australia.
- Get rid of all the air conditioning gasses.
- Make sure that all of the eligibility criteria of Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations are met.
- File with the U.S. Customs at least 72 hours in advance. This step can be accomplished by the shipping agent and you might not have to bother with it.