Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Geelong
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Geelong, Australia
Geelong is a port city that is located on the Corio Bay as well as on the Barwon River. It is in the state of Victoria in Australia and it is approximately about 75 km away from Melbourne. It’s by far the second largest Victorian city and it is also the administrative center for the Greater Geelong Municipality. The area encompasses the Lara plains to the hills of Waurn Ponds and to the Corio Bay.
Learn more about shipping vehicles to Australia.
The entire process of moving is a bit challenging and when you need to move your vehicle, it gets even more complex. That’s why it is particularly beneficial if you work with a reliable shipping service with the necessary experience. This is definitely going to help you out significantly.
The A-1 Auto Transport service has over 2 decades of shipping experience and we have shipped vehicles to Australia quite a lot. The country prides itself as having a lot of safety as well as proper performance when it comes to the vehicles which operate in the country. This is the main reason for which your car is going to be subjected to different domestic performance screenings to fit the national standards. If it doesn’t conform, you will have to do the necessary modifications.
Necessary Steps to Import the Car
You can expect to pay an approximation of between $3,500 to $6,000 for a regular vehicle or a small truck from the US to Australia. In certain situations, it might be more affordable to use a shipping container even though there are additional shipping fees such as import fees and duties which need to be accounted for properly. In order to prepare your vehicle for shipping, you have to get the entire paperwork done ahead of time. The first thing that you are going to need to get is the actual import permit. This is obtained by the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. The process is regulated in a way which needs to be handled by the Registered Automotive Workshop member who is well aware of the requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Documents That You Need
The Australian Customs requires that you submit a range of different documents and forms to fill out, but some of the most important ones include:
- Identity page of your passport
- Copy of your valid registration
- Current visa of Australia
- International driver’s license
- Documents for the purchase
This is an important thing that you have to account for because it’s going to determine the overall cost of the entire shipping process. That’s why you have to choose between RORO and Container shipping. Roll-on/Roll-Off is cheap and quick but limiting in terms of the possibility to bring personal belongings. Container shipping is more expensive yet more reliable and safer. You can bring as many belongings with you as you want to. However, it is important that you prep the vehicle before shipping so that there are no delays due to quarantine. Some of the things that you need to do are:
- Steam clean the vehicle
- Remove all air conditioning gas, extra fuel
- Leave only extra tire, set of keys and floor mats
- Disable all alarms
- Only ¼ tank of fuel is allowed
Prior to Shipping
When preparing your vehicle for shipment, you will need to:
- Have your vehicle steam cleaned inside and outside in order to avoid being quarantined
- Remove the air conditioning gases inside the vehicle
- Verify that your vehicle is eligible to be shipped into another country. You can verify this by reading Title 19 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations or refer to the documentation requirements especially if your vehicle has a lien on it.
- File all necessary paperwork with the U.S Customs and Border Protection at least 72 hours prior to when you need the vehicle shipped.
You can contact the Embassy of Australia for more details on auto transportation from USA. It will help you get the latest information.