One might consider shipping a personal vehicle to Sydney from the U.S. if they are planning on residing there or even to stay there for a long while. This will help anyone who might need to travel the country often for employment or even sight-seeing.
Sydney is a populous, but beautiful place. Bordered by the Tasman Sea, many surf and enjoy the water. While there are means of public transportation and the city is very easy to navigate, having your own vehicle will be very helpful.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Is Needed for Vehicle Shipment to Sydney.
When you have made the choice to ship a vehicle from the U.S. to Sydney, make sure that all of the proper documentation is gathered. As you will find below, there is a long list of documents needed.
- Title and registration.
- License or Picture ID.
- Proof of Purchase.
- Vehicle Import Form Approval.
- Submit a Letter of Compliance to Australia.
It is always best to contact the Embassy of Australia to find out exactly what is needed for shipment. Regulations are always changing so it is best to stay current.
Which Method of Shipping Is Best?
The method of shipping you choose is really all a matter of what works best for you and what fits into your budget. There are three ways to ship the vehicle, but one of them is rarely ever used. Air shipping is very expensive and not many can afford to ship a vehicle this way.
Container shipping requires the vehicle to be shipped in a container. There are different sizes of containers to choose from and they can not only hold your vehicle, but other belongings as well. The vehicle is also allowed to hold possessions. A person can cut the costs of container shipping by splitting the container with another individual.
RO/RO shipping also referred to as the roll on, roll off method. The vehicle is rolled onto and off of the ship. It must remain empty except for the floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack. This method is the cheapest.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?