The city of Queanbeyan is located in the central part of Australia. It is the center of a very busy part of the country on the edge of the south east part of the New South Wales. Between construction, retail, agriculture, and manufacturing, the city has grown over the years.
Queanbeyan is the council seat of the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council. Canberra is approximately fifteen kilometers west of Queanbeyan and is a major part of the capital city’s boosted economy.
If you want to live here, you may want to consider bringing your vehicle over so you can drive yourself wherever you need to go. You will need to find a good shipping carrier like A1 Auto Transport Service to handle this task for you. Regulations in Australia are very detailed when it comes to importing and exporting your vehicle with A1 Auto Transport Service knows the rules and regulations and can avoid any delays that others may not see coming.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps to Take to Import your Vehicle.
Once you have made the decision to import your vehicle, you will need to begin the process by filling out the right application as soon as you know. Filling out the application will help you obtain a vehicle import permit issued by the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. Importing a vehicle is heavily regulated to ensure that all rules and regulations are followed by all involved. You can begin to understand the process by obtaining a list of rules and requirements with the Australian Customs.
You will also need to take the following steps in order to import your vehicle:
- File an import declaration, pay all customs duties, and taxes.
- File for a quarantine inspection and set up your appointment for inspection.
- Have modifications done and documentation of all tests or modifications done to ensure that your vehicle is up to code.
Details of Shipping.
You should discuss your shipping needs with A1 Auto Transport service. They can help you prepare your vehicle and choose whether you want to use the Roll On/ Roll Off method or container shipping. If you choose the Roll On/Roll-Off shipping method, your vehicle will be placed on the ship by way of driving. If you choose container shipping, your shipping total will be higher. However, you will have a protected way to ship your vehicle and protect it from the elements at sea. The price your shipping agent quotes you will depend on what type of shipping method you choose, the time of year you are shipping, the size of your vehicle being shipped, any insurance you take out on your vehicle, and if you need your vehicle picked up at your home or office and then driven to the port your vehicle will be exiting from.
Before your Vehicle Ships.
There is always something that needs to be done when preparing for a shipment, especially a vehicle to another country. You will need to prepare your vehicle by doing the following:
- Have your vehicle steam cleaned both inside and outside in order to avoid quarantine. If you don’t, the vehicle will go into quarantine and sent to professionals who will clean your vehicle both inside and out and then charge you for this procedure. Your vehicle could experience a long delay.
- Have a professional remove all the air conditioning gasses before your ship out date.
- Be certain that your vehicle is ready to be shipped out and meets all laws that determine the eligibility. You can find these regulations by reading the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
- If you have a lien against your vehicle, you will need the proper documentation that gives you permission to take the vehicle out of the country.
- You can file your paperwork with S. Customs and Border Protection. You will need to have the request for shipment at least seventy-two hours in advance of shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory