Newcastle is the second largest city and a large metropolitan area in the Australian state of New South Wales. It includes the majority of the local government area of Lake Macquarie and Newcastle. It is also the hub of the greater Newcastle area.
If you are planning to ship your vehicle to the country, it is absolutely crucial for you to work with a reputable shipping carrier. The regulations set forth by the government of the country are particularly specific when it comes to the import and the export of vehicles and only an experienced shipper is capable of ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process without any unnecessary delays.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps to ship a car to Newcastle.
In order to prepare for the process, you will have to ensure that some paperwork is secured in advance. The very first thing that you are going to need is an import permit which is obtained from the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. The entire process is regulated and handled by the Registered Automotive Workshop member who is familiar with the requirements. There are other requirements which could be checked upon by contacting with Australian Customs Authority. Even though there are numerous steps, some of them are listed below:
- When you arrive you have to file an import declaration and pay all duties and taxes.
- File the necessary quarantine inspection.
- Get the modifications installed and test them if this is required.
- Apply for an identification plate and registration in the country.
When you discuss the shipping specifications with your shipping agent, you would have to choose between RORO and container shipping. If you go with the latter, your car is going to be sealed within an enclosed container, safely protecting it from the elements. However, if you go for RORO shipping, your car would be secured on the deckthe entire venture. Of course, this is also the far less expensive alternative and it’s also quicker because it undergoes a fewer amount of checkups.
Before You Ship.
Prior to shipping, there are a few things that you are highly advised to do if you want to get your vehicle safely transported within a reasonable time frame. They include:
- Get your car steam cleaned in order to avoid unnecessary quarantine checkups upon your arrival in Newcastle.
- Remove all of the car’s air conditioning gasses
- Make sure that you fit the eligibility criteria mentioned in the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
- File with the U.S. Customs – this could be handled by your shipping company. In any case, you want to make sure that you’ve notified them of your intent to export at least 72 hours in advance.
For any other information, you can always contact the Embassy of Australia in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?