Military Auto Transport to Germany
As a member of the military, you’re no stranger to relocation. When you’re given your orders to reside at another base, you only have so much time to prepare. Part of this preparation process includes scheduling car shipping services to get your vehicle to Germany by the time you arrive. Luckily, there are many international auto transport companies with experience in military vehicle transports.
Since Germany has no requirements set for vehicle importation into Germany, it is easy to have your car shipped there. There is only one thing that must be done. All taxes associated with the import must be paid in full. Proof of paid taxes must be given to Customs at the time all other documentation is turned in. Once your car is accepted, you’ll receive a certificate of import approval. To be certain that you gathered the right documents, call the Embassy of Germany for information regarding the current import policies and tax rates. You can rely on your transport company to also provide assistance during the preparation process. Their knowledge of military vehicle transports and foreign import policies will be extremely helpful.
Shipping a Car to Germany Is Cheaper If You Meet Certain Criteria
You can avoid paying import duties to Germany if you meet the following requirements and restrictions…
- You have proof of giving up your residence in the United States
- You can prove that you are going to reside in Germany
- Proof that you have been residing outside Germany for at least 12 consecutive months- This can be waived if the reasons for your early return were beyond your control
You may also want to ask the transport company if they offer discounts to military personnel. Most international transporters will have lower rates for individuals in the military. They also have experience in dealing with military bases and their strict regulations.
Info Regarding the Insurance Coverage You’re Provided With through the Transporter
Depending on the state the transport company is based out of, they’re required to carry the minimum insurance requirements for each one of their shipping customers. Liability coverage won’t protect the entire value of your car so don’t hesitate to ask what the insurance policy entails. If you wish for further protection, ask the shipping company if you can purchase additional insurance coverage.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory