Ship Your Car To Or From Cambodia
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of the cars shipped to Cambodia from the United States are done using containerized shipping. (This is common for international shipping, but roll-on, roll-off transport is an option in many countries.
- The costs generally fall between $1,600 and $3,400, plus any applicable taxes and duties.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Cambodia
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Sihanoukville||$350||$2,100||5+28 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Sihanoukville||$400||$2,400||5+40 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Sihanoukville||$450||$2,100||5+28 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Sihanoukville||$475||$2,100||6+28 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Sihanoukville||$550||$2,100||6+28 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Sihanoukville||$575||$2,400||6+40 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Sihanoukville||$675||$2,400||6+40 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Sihanoukville||$700||$2,400||6+40 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Sihanoukville||$925||$2,400||7+40 days|
|Houston, TX to (California port) to Sihanoukville||$1,125||$2,100||8+28 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Shipping/Exporting an auto to Cambodia, like many other countries, requires a good understanding of the local laws, customs clearances, and taxes that apply to importing a vehicle into the country. At A-1 Auto Transport we have more than 25 years of experience shipping/exporting vehicles of all types to locations around the world, including Cambodia and throughout Southeast Asia.
Like many other countries, Cambodia has limitations on what types of vehicles may be brought into the country, as well as import and value added taxes that apply. One thing that should be made clear about shipping a car to Cambodia: it is expensive.
Taxes on Cambodian vehicle imports are really high, which is compounded by the way in which the value of the auto is calculated. Rather than the cost of the vehicle or its current worth, the value is based on a chart that uses engine displacement and the year of the auto to determine the import tax. As many Americans have found out, the resulting taxes don’t always make sense, often totaling more than the value of the car.
*Smaller vehicles, scooters, mopeds and motorcycles can be less expensive to ship to Cambodia due to the lower engine displacement.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Cambodia
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Cambodia
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of ownership
- Purchase invoice
- Bill of lading
Car Maintenance & Vehicle Upkeep In Cambodia
Another consideration when relocating a car to Cambodia is what you’ll do if your vehicle needs a replacement part. Not only is it generally expensive to import a car to the country, but it can be difficult and expensive to maintain if something goes wrong. Spare parts are not easy to come by for vehicle models that are not widely popular and the cost of gas is also on the high end. For this reason, as well as those mentioned above, scooters are very popular in Cambodia.
Who Ships Cars To Cambodia?
Given the complications and a high cost of shipping a car to Cambodia, you may be asking yourself, “Who actually does it then?” You might be surprised! Here are some of our most common international clients that relocate vehicles to Cambodia and all over the Indochina peninsula.
- Private owners
- International travelers
- Businesses & corporate professionals
Resources For Shipping A Car To Cambodia
Phnom Penh Post - Cambodia’s international newspaper, which is stationed in Phnom Penh, the largest city, and capital of the country.
U.S. Embassy in Cambodia - A good source of information and local resources, the Embassy of the United States in Phnom Penh is a great website to visit for travelers, vacationers, and expats.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Cambodia
A1 Auto Transport offers heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipping from the United States to Cambodia. There are many items that get transported on a cargo ship and a handful of ways of getting them on there. A1 is no stranger in having that go as smoothly as possible. With a myriad of heavy equipment and oversized cargo shipped around the world, your task will be in good hands working with us. Listed below are types of heavy equipment we can ship:
Construction Agricultural Inoperables
Backhoes Harvesters Engines
Excavators Tractors Large Boats
Bulldozers Combines Cranes
Dump Trucks Mowers Piping
Forklifts Air Drills Machinery
We have experience in shipping cargo beyond what’s listed above, so whether you have questions on dimensions, or what type of shipping method works best for you, inquire today. We have professionals ready to give you a catered experience from planning to execution. Also, here on the A1 website we have resources to help you start the transport progress as well.
Common Methods of Shipping Overseas with A1 Auto Transport
- The Lift On/Lift Off transport method (sometimes abbreviated as LoLo, LOLO, LO/LO or Lo/Lo) uses a crane to place your equipment onto the cargo ship. If your cargo is inoperable and needs picked up and set onto the ship, this is the route to go. Either the cargo ship or the dock has a crane mounted to move your equipment.
- The Roll On/Roll Off transport method (sometimes abbreviated as RORO or ro-ro) are vessels designed to carry wheeled cargo, such as, large trucks, semi-trailer trucks, trailers, and railroad cars. Vehicles are driven on and off the ship using their own wheels and this typically results in the cost of transport being cheaper.
- The Flat Rack transport method is ideal for tall or awkward sized cargo. Flat rack containers are essentially regular shipping containers with collapsable walls. They have a very high loading rate and work well to transport boats, construction materials and industrial parts.
- Container shipping isn’t available unless your cargo can fit within the dimensions of a 40ft shipping container. While not always ideal for larger items, containers will keep your cargo together while also being protected from the elements
If none of these options suit your shipping needs, then please give one of our professionals a call to discuss alternative options or to point you in the right direction!
Related Information & FAQs
- If shipping out of the US what is the cost to ship a car to Cambodia
- Call on the experts to transport a car all the way to Cambodia
- How to ship a car from California to Cambodia
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.