The city of Nuremberg is situated on the Pegnitz River in the state of Bavaria in Germany. It is also situated in the Middle Franconia’s administrative region which is about 170 kilometers away from Munich.
It’s also currently the second-largest town in Bavaria right after the capital.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Adherence to Import Regulations.
When you import your car into the city from the USA, you would have to adhere to a lot of regulations of the German Customs Authority before that. You would be required to pay VAT as well as import duties on your car. You can get this waived under a few circumstances. They include:
- If you plan to become a resident of the city.
- The vehicle is effectively registered under your name.
- You have lived out of the European Union for the last year.
- You’ve owned the car for at least 6 months.
- You are going to export it back or sell it in German before leaving the city.
Taxes and Duties of Car Importing to Germany.
The truth is that the import laws of Germany are consistent when it comes to the USA which makes the otherwise hard process a bit more seamless. Of course, there are considerations to be accounted for but as a general rule of thumb, the duty on vehicles in Germany is approximately 10% and there is also a 20% VAT. There is a 6% duty on motorcycles. You would also have to consider that these might vary slightly based on a wide range of different factors.
If you fail to abide by the aforementioned requirements you would have to pay a duty of 10% to 19% as import tax. Furthermore, the value of your vehicle would be determined by the agents of the customs authority. If you intend on registering the vehicle you would have to get it inspected at the local TUV office. The inspection is going to verify whether or not your vehicle passes the EU standards for emission and other standardizations. If it doesn’t, you wouldn’t be able to drive your car around. However, once you have passed it, you would be able to apply for registration. For further information on the emission tests, you can check out the German Embassy in USA.
Before you ship.
Prior to shipping your vehicle to Germany, you would have to decide the type of shipping which is going to be best for your particular requirements. This is also going to determine the overall cost of your transportation. It’s also going to determine whether or not you would be able to ship any additional personal items to the country or you would be limited in this particular regard. With this in mind, there are two overly preferred methods of shipping which include:
Roll On Roll Off Shipping.
This is a preferred choice because it’s overly cheap. Vehicles are driven directly onto shipping decks on the freight ship and transported to Nuremberg. However, as it is parked on the deck along with plenty of other vehicles, no personal items are allowed to prevent theft. You can only leave a quarter tank of fuel
Container Vehicle Shipping
This particular method is preferable if you want to ship other personal belongings along with your vehicle. You would be able to choose from a 20 ft. or in a 40 ft. container based on your own personal preferences. In any case, this particular method is more expensive and slower because of the additional checkpoints.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?