With panoramic views of the Eastern Alps, Salzburg in Austria is known as the birthplace of Mozart. The city is on both sides of the River Salzach and is situated close to the border to Germany. As beautiful city, with rick cultural history, it is one of the favored places for tourists, students and expatriates to stay and work. If you are moving to Salzburg from USA, you might enjoy driving around the city and in the adjoin areas in your personal vehicle.
If you are importing your vehicle from USA, there are some specific considerations to look into to make sure that the safety and legal status of the vehicle is maintained. You will need to take the assistance of a good international auto shipping service and that is where A1 Auto Transport service comes in. They understand all aspects of shipping to Salzburg, in Austria.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing within EU.
As European Union is a closed customs community, there are no import taxes, if you are moving your vehicle from somewhere else in EU. You only need to buy the short term insurance on the vehicle and transfer the license plates. These are the basic requirements of the Ministry of Transportation in Austria. Additionally, it is important to adhere to the licensing laws in Austria. There are some important documents that you need to submit that includes:
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
- Bill of Purchase.
- NOVA tax.
- Registration fees receipts.
- Certificate of Conformity .
Shipping from USA.
There are different laws governing the import of vehicles from USA. Although you have to submit a host of documentation such as:
- T1 consignment note.
- Proof of preferential origin.
- Original purchase invoice.
For imports from USA, you have to pay a varied taxes and levies before the vehicle is handed over to you. There is a standard 20% import turnover tax and 10% custom duty on the vehicle. You will need to pay the NOVA tax when the car is being imported. As the emissions laws differ from USA, you will need to ensure that your vehicle is modified accordingly so that it can pass the norms set by Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology. These tests are done to curb harmful emissions, check the roadworthiness of the vehicle and noise and test for light and noise.
Before you ship from USA, it is better to get all the details so that you can modify the vehicle to adhere to EU standards. Contact the Embassy of Austria to get the details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?