Stuttgart often called the “Cradle of the Automobile” is not only an industrious State but is also filled with beautiful parks and natural wilderness beauty. Driving through Stuttgart takes a lot of patience, especially during rush hour, but saving time from having to obtain a rental car, as well as the excessive fees that can rack up, is well worth it to have your own car to drive. When you’re ready to ship your car to Stuttgart, you need to hire a professional international auto transport company to take care of all of your shipping needs. You will most likely need to make a few modifications to your car when planning to ship it to Stuttgart and will need to make sure you follow Customs laws on exporting from the United States. Your shipping agent will detail all of the paperwork necessary to send your car overseas, and will work with you to determine the method of shipping you will need, the cost of shipping, and also will arrange for pick-up and delivery to the major shipping port nearest your U.S. location to ship your car from. The agent will have you provide your driver’s license, social security number, car title and insurance certificate prior to shipping. You will also need to sign a Power of Attorney form that will give the company permission to transport your car. Your agent will let you know what other forms will need to be filled out and documents that will need to be provided specifically for your car.
When you’re planning to have your car shipped to Stuttgart, there are a few things you will need to take care of prior to shipping. You need to try to ship the car during the same time period that you will be originally moving to Stuttgart. You may also need to make a few modifications to the car for emissions (Stuttgart is a low emission State), headlights, brakes, and tires. During the winter months when there is a lot of snow, only approved snow tires may be used on the roadways. You will also need to provide documents to Customs when your car reaches Stuttgart. You can gather valuable information on customs regulations by visiting the German Missions website that is filled with a wide array of information pertaining to vehicle registration and other aspects of relocating to the State of Stuttgart. You should prepare to pay import duties as well as vehicle value taxes upon entering Stuttgart. It is possible to have these fees waived but you will need to prove resident status, length of car ownership, and length of time you will be in Stuttgart. Once your car has cleared customs you will need to register it in Stuttgart, have a full emissions and technical inspection and change your driver’s license to a German license.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How Can I Ship My Car Internationally?
There are several ways you can choose to ship your car to Stuttgart. The following is a list of the different methods of shipping:
- RoRo Shipping- Ro-Ro Shipping is generally the choice made by most when shipping their vehicle to another country. With Ro-Ro Shipping, vehicles are driven directly on the carrier ship at the point of origin and driven off at the destination point. This is the simplest and most inexpensive way of shipping a vehicle to Stuttgart.
- Container Shipping- Container Shipping is exactly what the name says. Your vehicle will be shipped inside of a container on a carrier ship from the United States to the shipping port in Stuttgart. While Container Shipping is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping due to having to have more stability for safety reasons while shipping your vehicle, it is a great value when you want to ship other items with your vehicle. You have an option of a 20ft or a 40ft container and can easily have your vehicle and other items shipped at the same time. You can also opt to share a container with another shipper who may be shipping a vehicle to the same port.
- Air Shipping- Air shipping is by the quickest way to have your car shipped to Stuttgart. With a convenient cargo airport directly in Stuttgart, you can easily have your car shipped to an area that is closest to where you are. Air transport is by far the fastest and easiest way of shipping to Stuttgart, but it is also the most expensive of the three ways of transporting. Your transporter can give full details of the cost of air service when you speak to them.
There is nothing quite like having your own car with you when you need to travel to and from work or just a leisurely day of sightseeing. Your international auto transport agent will be able to make shipping your car to Stuttgart as easy as possible so you will have your car with you as quickly as possible.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory