The German city of Hanover is the capital city of the state of Lower Saxony. It is the 13th largest city in the country and is a major center of administration and trade. When moving to Hanover, Germany or if you are planning to work or study here, you will want to bring your vehicle with you so you can get around much easier than depending on the assistance of public transportation.
You will need to know what all is required for you when you import a vehicle and work diligently with the Germany Customs Department to make your import a success with no delays.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxes and regulations.
There are strict regulations in place in Germany regarding emissions of vehicles so your vehicle cannot emit more than 3.5% carbon dioxide from your exhaust system. You will need to modify if necessary in order to meet these standards. You can find out more about this and other regulations by contacting German Missions office located in Washington, DC. You will also be responsible for paying all the duties included in importing your vehicle. This includes 10% import duty, 15% value added tax, or VAT. Your fees will be waived if you can provide proof that your vehicle meets German regulations.
Find a shipping agent, such as A1 Auto Transport Service that can make importing your vehicle easier and more productive since they are aware of the rules and regulations of German Customs. You will need to pay an import duty of 10% and a value-added tax, or VAT of 15% when your vehicle passes through customs. Your fees can be waived with the following verification:
- Your name on the vehicle registration.
- You have owned the vehicle for a minimum of six months before moving.
- Your plan to reside in Hanover.
- Your driver’s license from the United States.
- Your passport and Visa for Germany valid for at least one year.
- The original title for your vehicle.
- Third party insurance on your vehicle in Hanover.
Your vehicle will need to clear customs before you are able to claim your vehicle. You will be able to drive it up to twelve months on the license you obtained while living in the United States. If you are there in Hanover longer than one year, you will need to register the vehicle in Germany and have it inspected.
Shipping a Vehicle to Hanover Germany.
We will be able to explain the procedure for importing a vehicle to Hanover, Germany. You will also need to choose the right shipping method for your needs. Your agent will help you determine how much you will need to pay for importing based on the weight and the size of your vehicle. Shipping methods are going to affect the price you will pay for shipping. You have two choices; Roll On/Roll-Off method and container shipping.
The Roll On/ Roll Off method, also known as Ro-Ro shipping will be the most affordable shipping method. You will need to transport your vehicle without any personal items inside. Your vehicle will be driven onto the ship for transport and then driven off the ship once it reaches Germany.
Container shipping is often used when you want to send your household items over with your car at the same time. This shipping method costs more money but it could actually save you money in the long run if you don’t have to make additional trips for more items. You will be able to choose from 20 foot and 40 foot containers to ship everything in. When you talk to A1 Auto Transport Service, you will find that shipping a vehicle is not difficult to do.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?