Duisburg is a city located in the western part of Germany and it’s an independent metropolitan borough. It has the biggest world’s biggest inland harbor and it’s also close to the Airport of Dusseldorf. It is an important center for steel production and trade.
With a host of employment opportunities, if you plan on moving here or have already moved, transportation requirements remain as public transportation can be expensive.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import regulations.
You are going to find specific regulations if you want to import your car and you have to make sure that you abide by those set forth by the government of Germany if you want to ensure the safe and hassle-free import process of your vehicle into Duisburg. Germany has stringent regulations related to the emissions and your car can’t emit more than 3.5% carbon dioxide from the exhaust.
You are going to make sure that the emissions controls adhere to the regulations of Germany as well as of European Union or else you have to make the necessary modifications. You are also capable of contacting the German Consulate in Washington D.C in order to get proper information about the modifications. As your shipping agents, A1 Auto Transport service will also be capable of providing you with information about that. You are going to have to pay about 10% import duty and 15% VAT. The taxes are based on the CIF value of your vehicle. You can get the fees waived if you meet the following criteria:
- You plan to stay in Duisburg as a resident.
- The vehicle was yours for the last 6 months.
- Your name is on the title deed and registration.
- You’ve lived outside of the EU for more than 12 months before the import.
- You agree to sell the car in Germany or to export it back to the US if you leave.
The following documentation is also going to be necessary:
- Driver’s License.
- Passport and Visa.
- Original Title.
- Proof of insurance which is valid in Duisburg.
Once you get clearance you can drive for up to 12 months with your current license and then you have to apply for a new German license, provided that you intend to stay in the city for more than a year.
How to ship to Germany.
When you are prepared and set to ship to Duisburg, our agent will let you know about the methods of shipping which are available and he is going to recommend you the best one depending on your particular needs. The total cost is going to be based on the type of shipping and the weight, size and year of the car. There are two convenient ways to ship your vehicle.
Ro-Ro Shipping is the first one and it’s also the cheapest as you’d have to drive the car on its own wheels on a shipping deck on a freight ship. It’s going to be exposed to the elements and you can’t transport anything else but the car jack, floor mats and the spare tire. However, this is also the fastest water-based transport option.
The second one is container shipping where you get to pick a 20ft or a 40ft container based on your demands and your car is going to be stored within it. You can fill the container with other variable personal belongings and have them shipped with the vehicle. You can also share it with someone else if you want to split the costs in half. The shipping agent that you’ve chosen should provide you with all the information and he should be there with you through every step of the way.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?