Ship Car To Tainan City
Tainan is a municipality which has its location in the southern parts of Taiwan and it faces the Taiwan Strait. It is also the oldest city in the country and has a broad and vast history. It’s also known to be called the Capital City.
If you are planning to relocate here from U.S. you would want to consider getting your car along with you. There are a few requirements that you would need to take care of if you want to ship to Taiwan but they are not overly strict. If you manage to get the proper documents collected, you shouldn’t have any troubles.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are quite a few things that you’d have to prepare prior to shipping your car to Taiwan but it’s similar to shipping to almost every other country. If you want to make sure that all of the following is up to date, you might want to check in with the Taiwanese Customs. The documents are as follows:
- Permit of Import.
- Duties and taxes based on the engine size and the age of the car.
- Prohibition for cars over 10 years old.
- Ownership for more than a year by the importer.
- One car allowed, operating with lead-free gasoline.
- Passport of Owner.
- Residence Visa.
- Invoice of Purchase.
- Work Certificate.
- Driving License.
- Registration and title.
- Letter from the employer.
- Description of the car: model, year, color, make engine number and others alike.
There are numerous duties assigned when you want to import goods for private use. They are mainly based on the CIF value. They are usually determined by the invoice presented to the customs or the value of a vehicle which is identical to the one you import.
- Import Duty = Value x 17.5%
- Commodity Tax which is varying between 25% and 30% based on the size of the engine.
- Business Tax is equaled to the Commodity Tax + the Import Duty + Customs value multiplied by 5%
- Trade Promotion Service Fee equal to 0.04% of the Customs Value.
Once you get customs clearance you’d have to undergo an environmental protection inspection which is administered by the Automotive Research and Testing Center. There are several available methods of shipping to the country which are suitable for different vehicles and different budgets. They include:
- Ro/Ro Shipping – the simplest and the cheapest one. You have to get the car completely cleared of any other personal belongings.
- Container Shipping – this is more exclusive and more expensive as your car is going to be placed within a private container. You can also fill the container with other personal belongings prior to the shipping.