Taipei City is the capital of Taiwan. It is a very influential city with a gorgeous skyline, beautiful hotels for tourists, the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial, National Palace Museum, and much more. There is a grand nightlife and the city remains very busy.
With about 3 million residents, it can be difficult trying to catch public transportation in Taipei City, especially with language barriers. Ship your own vehicle so that this won’t be an issue. Shipping a vehicle to anywhere in Taiwan is actually rather easy compared to some countries where their policies are much stricter.
The Requirements for Vehicle Transport in Taipei City
One must address all facets of vehicle shipment as told by the Embassy of Taiwan prior to a vehicle being allowed into the country. Specific documentation is also needed. Look below for the requirements and documents needing to be fulfilled.
- Import Permit is required
- Duties and taxes apply depending on the engine size and age of vehicle
- Autos under a year old or over 10 years old are prohibited
- Auto must have been in customer’s name for more than one year
- Only one auto allowed, which must operate with lead-free gasoline
- Owner’s Passport
- Owner’s Residence Visa
- Purchase Invoice
- Work Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Letter from customer’s employer
- Description of vehicle: make, model, year, color, engine number, etc.
Make sure that as the vehicle owner, you are at the port on the vehicle’s due arrival. They will not hold the vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Are the Available Shipping Methods?
There are several available shipping methods for anyone to take advantage of. One will have to base their decision off of their current circumstances and budget.
RO/RO shipping is simple and it is the cheapest. The vehicle must be free of anything other than floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. It is then rolled on to the ship as well as off of the ship.
Container shipping is when the vehicle is placed inside a very large container. The vehicle may be filled with belongings approved by Taiwan Customs, as well as the remaining container space.
Air shipping is also an option. However, it is very expensive and not many are able to afford it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?