Ship Your Car To Or From Hualien City, Taiwan
Hualien City is a county-controlled unit and a seat of the Hualien County in Taiwan. It has its location on the eastern coast of the country right there on the Pacific Ocean. A beautiful city with modern infrastructure and development, there are plenty of opportunities of expatriates and returning citizens apart from good academic facilities for students. That is one of the reasons that it is a hot spot for professionals and students.
Learn more about shipping to Taiwan.
Necessary Documents to Ship a Vehicle
There is a lot of planning that goes into the various steps of shipping your vehicle. When you work with A-1 Auto Transport service, we make the process easy and our experts are with you at every step to ensure that the vehicle is shipped out of U.S with ease and reaches Hualien City with no delays. However, there is a significant amount of documentation that you need to prepare in order to bring a car into Taiwan. Some of the most important ones include:
- Passport of the owner
- Residence visa of the owner
- Work certificate
- Driver’s license
- Invoice of purchase
- Title and registration
- Only one vehicle is allowed and it needs to run on lead-free gasoline
- You need to have your name on the car for at least a year
- The cars which are older than 10 years are not allowed
- Duties and taxes vary depending on the size and the age of the car
- You need an import permit
Additionally, if your vehicle is above US$20,000 then you will need a special permit from Bureau of Foreign Trade, before you can ship your vehicle out of USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Calculating the Duties and the Taxes
There are quite a few things that you need to take into account if you are to calculate the overall taxes that you would have to pay when it comes to. There are four different taxes which are calculated as it follows:
- The import duty equals 17.5% x the customs value of the car
- Commodity tax = 25-30% x the customs value of the car. These numbers can vary depending on the size of your engine and the age of your car
- Business Tax = CIF value x 5%
- Trade Promo Fee = 0.04% x CIF Value
As you can see, there are quite a few taxes that you have to account for which is definitely something to be taken into proper consideration. If you work with a reliable shipping service, this could guarantee that you don’t pay additional and extra costs. A-1 Auto Transport can make this happen without any significant hassle. To get the latest updates on the current import laws, you can contact the Embassy of Taiwan.
Method of Transit
Of course, you also have to account for the methods of transportation as they are going to determine the overall value of the service. With this in mind, the first one that you can rely on is RORO.
This stands for Roll on/Roll off and it’s something particularly convenient if you are looking for a cost-effective shipping method. It’s going to leave your car wide open to the elements but it’s cheap in return. You won’t be able to bring any kind of personal belongings as well. The other option in front of you is Container shipping which is more expensive but more reliable, you get a private container for your vehicle and you can ship as many personal belongings with it as you want.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory