Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Taichung City
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Whenever you are planning to reside outside of the U.S. or are traveling for work or study, consider shipping your vehicle too. If planning to live in Taichung, Taiwan the requirements for vehicle shipment aren’t too strict, making it a very likely possibility. As long as a vehicle owner presents the proper paperwork and has fulfilled the requirements, shipping a vehicle is easy.
Living in Taichung will definitely take some getting accustomed to if you have always resided in the U.S. Having a personal vehicle will make travel much easier. Taichung is a lovely region with many attraction. Therefore, taking advantage of your own transportation will prove to be an asset.
About Taichung and Local Travel
With a population of nearly 3 million people, there is an extensive road network in Taichung. All of these roads are maintained but can be quite crowded at times. The city is known as the “economic, cultural and international city.” There is so much going on that transportation is necessary to get around to all of the sites.
Taichung is the home of the Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium, a wind farm, beautiful parks, and the historic city hall. Regardless of why you might be residing in the city, it is nice to have so much available to you in your free time.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Requirements That Must Be Fulfilled
As with shipping a vehicle to any foreign country, there are specific requirements that must be addressed. There will also be documentation needed at Customs. One should contact the Embassy of Taiwan well ahead of shipment to make sure all policies are current.
- Import Permit is required
- Duties and taxes apply depending on the engine size and age of vehicle
- Autos under a year old or over 10 years old are prohibited
- Auto must have been in customer’s name for more than one year
- Only one auto allowed, which must operate with lead-free gasoline
- Owner’s Passport
- Owner’s Residence Visa
- Purchase Invoice
- Work Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Letter from customer’s employer
- Description of vehicle: make, model, year, color, engine number, etc.