Ship Your Car To Or From Hsinchu, Taiwan
Officially known as Hsinchu City – it is located in the northern parts of Taiwan. It is also known as the “Windy City” due to the climate specifications. It is also administered as a provincial city and borders Hsinchu County, Miaoli County and the Taiwan Strait. With considerable development and rise in employment, there has been an increase in the number of expatriates and foreign students that study and work here.
When it comes to shipping your vehicle in the city of Hsinchu, you will have a few different options in front of you. Air shipping is amongst them. However, people prefer not to use it as it is increasingly expensive and it’s just not financially feasible. With this in mind, there are two other options that you can take into account.
- RO/RO shipping. This is by far the least expensive way to ship your car to Taiwan. It will require you to drive your car on its own wheels on a shipping deck at a freight carrier, hence the name. Furthermore, you will need to know that your vehicle will be constantly exposed to the elements as this is an open form of transportation. You can’t ship any personal belongings besides your car and you need to empty it and leave only a car jack, floor mats, spare tire and a set of keys. The car needs to be drivable.
- Container shipping. This is a great option if you have a luxury vehicle or if you want to transport additional belongings with your car. You will get to choose between a 20ft and 40ft container, based on your requirements. Your car will be safely stored within it, hence receiving an additional layer of protection. Of course, it’s more expensive and slower due to additional checkpoints.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Limitations on Auto Import
Before the vehicle is shipped to Hsinchu, it is important to consider the regulations governing the import of vehicles. Additionally, it is important that you have the import permit. There are taxes which depend upon the age and engine capacity of the vehicle that you intend importing. You are not allowed to import any vehicle that is over the age of 10 years. Another factor that has to be considered is the vehicle has to be in your name for at least 12 months before it is imported. Only one vehicle is allowed and it needs to run on lead free fuel.
Valid Documents to Submit
Now, you need to prepare your vehicle before the process. If you want to avoid any unnecessary delays, make sure to steam clean your vehicle inside and out. Furthermore, you need to take care of the necessary paperwork. You have to submit the following:
- Passport and residence visa of the owner
- Invoice of purchase
- Work certificate
- Driver’s License
- Registration and title
- Letter from the employer of the customer
- Description of the vehicle which includes the model, year, color, make, number o f doors, cubic capacity and others of the kind.
If you work with a reliable service provider such as the A1 Auto transport, you wouldn’t have to worry about anything as we will help you with all that is necessary. This is particularly important. Furthermore, if you have any further questions, you can easily contact the Embassy of Taiwan in Washington, DC. There you will be able to receive all the current and updated information regarding the overall process of vehicle transportation.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?