Ship Your Car To Or From Chiayi, Taiwan
Situated in the southwestern part of Taiwan, the city of Chiayi is bordered by the Pacific Ocean. This part of the country is known for its beautiful waterfalls and the many different things you can do here. If you want to move here to work, or to live on a temporary or permanent basis, you may want to bring your own vehicle over with you so you can explore the entire city while you’re here.
Learn more about shipping a car to Taiwan.
Submission of Documents
To validate and verify that the vehicle is yours and is an legal import, it is important that the essential documents are submitted at the exit port in US and at the port in Taiwan. Some of these documents are:
- Residence Visa in Taiwan
- Purchase Invoice of your vehicle
- Work Certificate of where you plan to work while you are there
- Driver’s License in the United States
- Registration/Title of your vehicle
- Letter from your employer stating that you are working for them
It is important that the description of your vehicle is completed. The details that are needed include the year, model, number of doors, engine number, whether your vehicle is a left or right hand drive, air conditioned or not, has a radio, and other pertinent information.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Secure Shipping Methods
When preparing your vehicle for importing, you will be faced with many questions that must be answered in order to customize your shipment. One choice you will make is on the shipping method. This is the way that your vehicle will be taken from a port in the United States to the port in Taiwan. Your choices include:
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping, also known as RoRo. This method of shipping is the most inexpensive way to get your vehicle to Taiwan because you only pay for the bay that your vehicle is parked in. With this method, your vehicle will need to be completely cleaned out inside and out. Nothing can be left inside the vehicle with the exception of a car jack spare tire, and floor mats.
- Container shipping is another option. With this method, your vehicle will be placed inside of a container. Before it is sealed up, you will have the option to place all your personal and household belongings inside the container including inside your car. Once the container is loaded, it is then sealed and lifted by crane onto the deck of the ship where it is strapped down and ready for transport. This method of shipping is more expensive but it provides a wide range of security for your vehicle and your possessions you are bringing with you. If you own a luxury vehicle or a classic vehicle, this may be the option for you.
Essential Requirements for Auto Shipping
Once your vehicle is ready to go, you will need to call in the Embassy of Taiwan in the United States to see what the rules and regulations are to ship your vehicle when you have it scheduled. Some important requirements that may affect you include:
- An import permit is an essential document
- Import duties and custom taxes will be charged according to size of the auto engine and the age of your vehicle at the time of import.
- Your vehicle will only be accepted into Taiwan if it is at least 12 months old but less than ten years old
- You will not be able to import more than one vehicle
- Your vehicle can only operate with lead-free fuel
- Your vehicle must be in your name for more than one year prior to shipping.
You will need to be at the port in Taiwan to claim your vehicle once it arrives. While not every port accepts the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping, it’s a good idea to determine which ones do so you can plan accordingly.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?