Keelung is one of the larger cities in Taiwan which is part of the Taipei–Keelung metro area. It is the second-largest sea-port and if you are shipping from USA, it is easy to transport your vehicle.
In case, you are planning to move to Keelung, you can be assisted by international auto shipping companies like A1 Auto Transport that are experienced in global vehicle transportation. It is easy when you adhere to all laws and regulations and follow the eligibility criteria.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Meet the requirements.
When you ship a vehicle internationally, there is plenty of paperwork to complete, import duty to pay and stay updated to the current import-export laws. You need to know that import permit is needed while the taxes and duties are based on the age and size of the engine. If you are trying to import a vehicle that is over 10 years old, it is not allowed to be imported. It is essential that the vehicle is in your name for over 12 months and have used it for the period. The vehicles that are allowed to be imported in Taiwan have to be operated on lead-free fuels and only one vehicle per person is allowed. Some of the documents that need to be submitted to U.S Customs and the Taiwanese Customs include:
- Residence visa/work permit.
- Passport/driving license of shipper.
- Bill of purchase.
- Details of the vehicle on purchase invoice of the vehicle.
There are numbers of duties and taxes that has to be paid which are calculated on the basis of CIF (insurance, cost and freight charges). The cost of the vehicle is demarcated by the commercial invoice or the Kelly Blue Book or equivalent. There is a 17.5% import duty and a 5% VAT on all imported cars. After the custom clearances, vehicles have to complete environment protection inspection apart from qualifying for energy efficiency tests. These tests are conducted by the Automotive Research and Testing Center.
It is an asset to have all the documents in order so that there is no delay in shipment or in delivery of the vehicle in Taiwan. These are:
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate.
- Purchase invoice with details of the vehicle.
- Registration and Title deed.
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
You can directly contact the Taiwan’s Customs Department to know the latest on the laws and regulations that need to be followed. Additionally, you will need to finalize the mode of shipment which ranges from air shipping to RORO and Container shipment.
In RORO, your vehicle is driven on the ship using its own wheels and then driven off at the port in Taiwan. It is the cheapest as you are only charged for the parking space on the ship. While in container shipping, the vehicle and other household goods are packed within the same large spaced containers and sealed. Cranes on the dock are used to lift the container on to the ship.
For more and current information on the shipping of vehicles to Keelung from USA, contact the Taiwanese Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory