Ship Your Car To Or From Taoyuan City, Taiwan
Located in the northwestern Republic of China, Taoyuan City is neighbors to New Taipei City, Yilan County, and Hsinchu County. Taoyuan district is known as the seat of the municipal government and helps to form the metropolitan area along with Zhongli District. With modern skyscrapers lighting the skyline of the city, there are employment and academic opportunities and over the years, there has been an increase in the expatriates in the city.
If you are coming here to stay temporarily or on an extended stay, you might benefit by importing your vehicle from the USA. Thus, if you plan to ship a vehicle to Taiwan, you will be happy to learn that the shipping process is much easier than it is in other countries.
Main Aspects to Consider
Shipping a vehicle internationally is extremely complex and that is why hiring a reliable and experienced shipping service makes sense. Consider A1 Auto Transport as your international shipping service as we will ensure safe transit and delivery of your vehicle. With over two decades of experience in shipping a variety of vehicles, boats, and RVs all over the world, we have shipped plenty of vehicles to Taiwan over the years.
However, as the import laws pertaining to vehicle import keep changing frequently, it is best that you contact the Embassy of Taiwan. You want to make sure that your vehicle is allowed in the country, as there are some limitations. Some of the specific motor vehicle regulations and requirements include:
- Import permit
- Duties and taxes will need to be paid – Amount determined by the engine size and age of your vehicle
- Any vehicle under one year old or more than ten will not be allowed in the country
- A vehicle must have been in your name for a minimum of one year
- Description of vehicle including the make, model, year, color, and engine number
- Only one vehicle allowed per family
- Resident Visa/Work certificate
- Owners passport
- Purchase invoice
- Driver’s license
- Registration of the car
You will need to be at the port when your vehicle arrives as the ports do not hold the vehicle. No vehicle will be held in wait. If your vehicle is valued at more than $20,000 USD, you will need to apply for the Import Permit from the Bureau of Foreign Trade (BOFT). This will need to be done before any shipping steps are taken. If your vehicle is valued at less than $20,000 there will be no special permits needed and standard procedures are utilized.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Costs of Auto Import
To ship your vehicle to Taiwan, you will want to know how much you can expect to pay. Your shipping agent will be able to assist you in coming up with an accurate quote. To help you get an idea on the average, the cost is around $2,600 to $5,200. Fees are normally calculated based on a common formula in order to figure out the Customs value based on the cost, insurance, and freight. To calculate fees, taxes, or duties, you need to consider that the import duty is about 17.5%, with 5% business tax, commodity tax of 25%-30% and trade promotion service fee of 0.04%.
Documents for Shipping A Vehicle To Taiwan
For international shipping, the customs department in USA and Taiwan need to validate your ownership and documents pertaining to the vehicle before it is shipped out of U.S or received at the port in Taiwan. You will need to obtain the following documents to complete your import application:
- Title deed and Registration/ Commercial Invoice
- Passport of owner
- Insurance information
- Customs declaration
- Work permit/Owner’s import permit
- International driving license
- Receipt of taxes and duties paid
These documents need to be submitted to the Customs Administration of Taiwan before the car arrives in the port. Additionally, a copy of the set has to be submitted to the U.S Customs before the car leaves the port. Call us today and know more about the law, regulation, and processes.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?