Ship Your Car To Or From Taiwan.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of vehicles shipped from the U.S. to Taiwan cost from $2,600 to $5,200 to transport.
- The most cost-effective way to ship a car to Taiwan is in a shipping container, which accommodates most standard sized vehicles.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
- Hualien City
- New Taipei
- Taichung City
- Tainan City
- Taipei City
- Taoyuan City
Shipping your vehicle overseas can be costly and potentially overwhelming endeavor, but with a little research and the right auto transport company by your side, the entire process can go off without a hitch. Taiwan, also known as the Republic of China (ROC), is a small island off of East Asia. It has four major ports known as Kaohsiung, Keelung, Taichung, and Hualien, all of which are equipped to handle vehicle shipments.
If the vehicle you intend to export is valued over $20,000 US Dollars, then you will need to apply for an Import Permit from the Bureau of Foreign Trade (BOFT) prior to shipping your vehicle. If your vehicle is valued at $20,000USD or less, then no special permit is required.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Similar to most countries, Taiwan has a number of customs duties and fees associated with the importation of a vehicles or goods for private use. The fees are calculated based on the common formula for determining the vehicle’s “Customs Value” at CIF (Cost + Insurance + Freight).
The vehicle’s cost is determined by either the commercial invoice (allowing for depreciation if necessary), the value of an identical or similar vehicle, or a universally recognized publication such as Kelley Blue Book or NADA.
How to Calculate Duties/Taxes/Fees.
- Import Duty = Customs Value x 17.5%
- Commodity Tax = (Customs Value + Import Duty) x Commodity Tax Rate (the commodity tax rate varies from 25%-30% depending on the vehicle’s engine size)
- Business Tax = (Customs Value + Import Duty + Commodity Tax) x 5% (current business tax rate)
- Trade Promotion Service Fee = Customs Value x 0.04% (current trade promotion fee rate)
After clearing customs, the vehicle will then have to undergo an environmental protection inspection and pass an energy efficiency standard test, both of which are administered by the Automotive Research and Testing Center.
It is very helpful if the importer has the following documents available throughout the process to allow for a more seamless transition. This list is not all encompassing and it is in your best interest to consult directly with Taiwan’s Customs Department prior to arranging the transport of your vehicle.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Taiwan.
- Title & Registration.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Insurance Information.
- Customs Declaration.
- Work Permit, if required, valid for the term of no less than a year.
- Owner’s permit.
- Residence visa.
- Import permit.
- Driver’s license.
- Bill of lading.
Although this process can seem complex, with the help of a reputable auto transport company, it doesn’t have to be impossible.
Related Information & FAQs.
- What is the best way to ship a used car to Taiwan?
- Ship your car to Taiwan the easiest way possible
- Use a reputable transport company to ship your car to Taiwan from the UShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-B48_I2vM
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?