Ship Your Car To Or From Taiwan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of vehicles shipped from the U.S. to Taiwan cost from $2,600 to $5,200 to transport.
- The most cost-effective way to ship a car to Taiwan is in a shipping container, which accommodates most standard sized vehicles.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Taiwan
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Kaohsiung||$675||$1,900|
|Dallas, TX to (New York port) to Kaohsiung||$1,025||$1,900|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Kaohsiung||$350||$2,000|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Kaohsiung||$450||$2,000|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Kaohsiung||$550||$2,000|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Taipei||$575||$2,200|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Taipei||$1,025||$2,200|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Taipei||$775||$2,200|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Kaohsiung||$800||$1,900|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Taipei||$925||$2,200|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Popular Shipping Destinations
- Hualien City
- New Taipei
- Taichung City
- Tainan City
- Taipei City
- Taoyuan City
Shipping your vehicle overseas can be costly and potentially overwhelming endeavor, but with a little research and the right auto transport company by your side, the entire process can go off without a hitch. Taiwan, also known as the Republic of China (ROC), is a small island off of East Asia. It has four major ports known as Kaohsiung, Keelung, Taichung, and Hualien, all of which are equipped to handle vehicle shipments.
If the vehicle you intend to export is valued over $20,000 US Dollars, then you will need to apply for an Import Permit from the Bureau of Foreign Trade (BOFT) prior to shipping your vehicle. If your vehicle is valued at $20,000USD or less, then no special permit is required.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Similar to most countries, Taiwan has a number of customs duties and fees associated with the importation of a vehicles or goods for private use. The fees are calculated based on the common formula for determining the vehicle’s “Customs Value” at CIF (Cost + Insurance + Freight).
The vehicle’s cost is determined by either the commercial invoice (allowing for depreciation if necessary), the value of an identical or similar vehicle, or a universally recognized publication such as Kelley Blue Book or NADA.
How to Calculate Duties/Taxes/Fees
- Import Duty = Customs Value x 17.5%
- Commodity Tax = (Customs Value + Import Duty) x Commodity Tax Rate (the commodity tax rate varies from 25%-30% depending on the vehicle’s engine size)
- Business Tax = (Customs Value + Import Duty + Commodity Tax) x 5% (current business tax rate)
- Trade Promotion Service Fee = Customs Value x 0.04% (current trade promotion fee rate)
After clearing customs, the vehicle will then have to undergo an environmental protection inspection and pass an energy efficiency standard test, both of which are administered by the Automotive Research and Testing Center.
It is very helpful if the importer has the following documents available throughout the process to allow for a more seamless transition. This list is not all encompassing and it is in your best interest to consult directly with Taiwan’s Customs Department prior to arranging the transport of your vehicle.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Taiwan.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Taiwan
- Title & Registration.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Insurance Information.
- Customs Declaration.
- Work Permit, if required, valid for the term of no less than a year.
- Owner's permit.
- Residence visa.
- Import permit.
- Driver's license.
- Bill of lading.
Although this process can seem complex, with the help of a reputable auto transport company, it doesn’t have to be impossible.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Taiwan
Transporting your oversized cargo or heavy equipment to Taiwan is easiest and cheapest when you hire the help of well-known and time honored international shipping professionals. Look no further than A1 Auto Transport for all your overseas heavy equipment shipping solutions. With our access to the most modern and greatest shipping equipment, technology, and a trained and educated staff, there’s absolutely no doubt in our minds that we can ship your heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another country safely.
The types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can deliver internationally can go on forever. Throughout our time in the transport industry, we have shipped an endless amount of cargo including…
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Mining equipment
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment and more…
The Overseas Shipping Methods That Are Offered for Heavy Equipment Transports
- Lift On/Lift Off shipping is one of the most common forms of transport and available to any individuals shipping inoperable vehicles and crated heavy cargo such as engines or equipment. A crane is used to lift the cargo aboard the ship as well as off of the boat.
- Roll On/Roll Off is the least expensive and most popular way to transport heavy equipment or oversized cargo to another country. Your equipment or vehicle must have the ability to roll on and off of the boat using a ramp.
- Flat Rack shipping is also a form of open air international transport that is highly recommended to those seeking more security. Your cargo is secured to a metal frame before being placed on the ship. If poor weather is a threat during the transport, your cargo may be protected with shrink wrap.
- Container shipping isn’t available to everyone unless their heavy equipment fits into a 40ft container. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping we offer our customers.