Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Kaohsiung
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Transport Your Vehicle to Kaohsiung from the United States
Located in Taiwan, Kaohsiung is the home to many beautiful attractions. One will get to enjoy sports, nightlife, the shoreline, temples, markets, and more. There is so much to do and see in Kaohsiung. Whether you plan on residing amongst its beauty or are staying there for a long while, having a personal vehicle to drive around will be very beneficial.
All of the main roadways are paved and well-maintained, making driving around easy other than the traffic the city endures. With a population of about 3 million, it can be quite difficult getting around by public transportation. Language and currency barriers could also present a problem for someone coming from the U.S.
Being one of the most flourishing industrial regions in Southern Taiwan, Kaohsiung is thriving. Economics, politics, transportation, manufacturing, ship building, refining, and more are all a great big part of the municipality. It has grown significantly since the 17th century.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Requirements for Vehicle Shipment
While it might seem like there are a lot of requirements and documentation needed, Taiwan is actually pretty lenient on their vehicle shipment policies. As shown below, there are specifics that need to be addressed. However, contacting the Embassy of Taiwan first is always in a person’s best interest considering that the policies are subject to change at any given time.
- Import Permit is required
- Duties and taxes apply depending on the engine size and age of vehicle
- Autos under a year old or over 10 years old are prohibited
- Auto must have been in customer’s name for more than one year
- Only one auto allowed, which must operate with lead-free gasoline.
- Owner’s Passport
- Owner’s Residence Visa
- Purchase Invoice
- Work Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Letter from customer’s employer
- Description of vehicle: make, model, year, color, engine number, etc.
Shipping Methods to Choose From
There are two main forms of shipping methods to choose from. Make sure that the method you select suits your needs as well as your budget. Also, keep in mind that not all ports accept the RO/RO method and that the vehicle owner must be present at the time the vehicle is due to arrive.
RO/RO shipping is the least expensive method and it consists of having your vehicle shipped by boat. The only items allowed in the vehicle include a spare tire, a car jack, and floor mats. The vehicle must be drivable so tat it can drive onto and off of the ship.
A container method is a great option for anyone who would like to ship other items to Kaohsiung, Taiwan too. The container can hold a vehicle as well as other belongings. The vehicle can also be filled. While this method of shipping is a little pricier than the RO/RO method, the container can be shared with another individual to ease the costs.