Ship Car To Galle
Ship Your Car To Or From Galle, Sri Lanka
The city of Galle is located in the southwestern region of Sri Lanka and is only 120 kilometers from Colombo. It is the capital of the Southern Province and is considered the administrative center of Galle District. Every year, the city attracts many tourists to the busy modern style area. With ample opportunity to work, study, or even return after a while, you will appreciate having your vehicle to get you around the town.
If you want to ship your car from the United States to Sri Lanka, you can count on it costing you between $2100 and almost $6000. Since Sri Lanka is an island nation, you will most likely have to use the container shipping option to get your vehicle there. When deciding to ship your vehicle from the United States to another country, you will need to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of importing a vehicle. Additionally, you can hire the services of A-1 Auto Transport service as we have over two decades of experience in shipping vehicles globally. We understand all aspects of shipping to Sri Lanka.
Before you can actually ship your vehicle to Sri Lanka from the United States, you will need to fill out the necessary paperwork and provide the necessary documentation which should include:
- Resident visa to Sri Lanka ( it must be for at least six months)
- International driver’s license
- Your social security number
- Vehicle registration
- Owner passport
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- Insurance policy on the car
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Sri Lankan Guidelines
It is always good to double check the rules and regulations of Sri Lankan Customs Department, before you actually do it. Meanwhile, some of the basic rules include:
- Your vehicle must be a right hand drive vehicle
- Your vehicle will need to be free of any lease
- Only you or your family members will be allowed to drive your vehicle once it arrives.
- A vehicle can only be shipped if it is less than three and a half years old or if it is new.
- Only one vehicle every five years is the maximum transport allowed
- You will not be able to travel in the vehicle outside of Sri Lanka once it has been approved to come into the country
- Your vehicle must match a vehicle registration number issued
- The vehicle must be registered within two weeks of import
- All documents must be submitted when you apply for transport
- The vehicle must be operational when you are ready to ship it
You can check with the Sri Lanka Embassy located in the U.S or you can find out more information with your shipping agent at A1 Auto Transport Service. You can choose to ship your vehicle in two different ways:
- Roll On/ Roll Off: Which requires that your vehicle is driven on board the ship deck and then strapped down for hauling. Once it reaches the port, it will then be driven off. You will not be able to place any personal items inside the vehicle and you can only leave one quarter tank of gas.
- Container shipping: This option allows you to bring your personal items with your vehicle. You can choose a 20 foot container or a 40 foot container, depending on the size of your vehicle and your needs. Once the car is placed inside the container, it is then sealed up and loaded onto the ship for transport. It will be protected from the weather and provide an extra layer of protection while in the container.