Kalmunai is a city which has its location in the Eastern province of Sri Lanka. If you intend to go there for work or to study or you are a citizen who’s returning home, you’d like to have your car.
If you want to ship to the country, it’s advisable to have a professional company like the A1 Auto Transport service to run you through the process and provide you with the necessary help.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are two basic methods for importing a car into the country and they include:
- RORO: this is also known as Roll-on/Roll-off method which requires your car to be driven on its own wheels on the shipping deck of the freight ship. In any case, you won’t be allowed to import personal belongings and you have to get rid of the air conditioning gas, leaving no more than ¼ of a gas tank full.
- Container Shipping: this is particularly beneficial if you want to send in other items and you don’t want to make an additional trip. The containers are between 20ft and 40ft and you can choose one based on your needs.
The most common reason for importing a car is related to expatriates wanting to go into Sri Lanka and to import a car for personal use. The A1 Auto Transport service is going to provide you with all the information about the paperwork and is going to give you relevant legislative information regarding the Sri Lanka Customs Department requirements which include:
- Resident visa for at least 6 months.
- The vehicle used by the license holder or by his family.
- Vehicles which are only less than 3 and a half years.
- The import concurs with the move of its owner.
- Right-hand vehicles.
- Only one vehicle per 5 years.
You are going to have to passport your passport, driver’s license, registration of your vehicle and details about your visa. You are also going to be required to prove your Sri Lankan residence which would require you to explain departure, arrival as well as staying purposes. It’s highly advisable to contact the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Washington, DC.
Guidelines for Import to Sri Lanka.
The guidelines intend to provide you with all the valuable information synthesized in an easy and convenient manner. They include:
- No mortgages or other lien agreements are allowed.
- Registration number.
- Registration of the car on the name of the owner within 2 weeks of receiving confirmation.
- It has to be fully operative.
There is a lot to process and you should take great care when doing so. In any case, it’s highly advisable to consult the Sri Lanka Consulate if you want to get more detailed information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?