Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Your Car To Or From Sri Lanka.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped from the U.S. to Sri Lanka cost $2,100 to $5,900 to transport, with the majority of those being transported in a shipping container since it’s an island nation.
- Smaller vehicles with less shipping weight tend to cost less than larger vehicles to transport.
When making the decision to ship your vehicle to another country, it is best to do some research beforehand and seek the help of a reputable auto transport company. There are a variety of scenarios in which you may need to import your vehicle into Sri Lanka, but the most common situation would be for personal use by a non-national resident.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Sri Lanka Vehicle Shipping Guidelines.
- Applicant should have at least a 6 month resident visa in Sri Lanka.
- Vehicle should be used by the license holder and his/her family only.
- The vehicle must be 3.5 years old or newer.
- When the vehicle owner leaves the country, the vehicle must be exported at that time.
- Vehicle should be right hand driven.
- Importation of a single vehicle by any one person MUST be limited to one occurrence every 5 years.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Sri Lanka.
- Passport (and copy)
- Documents showing period of stay in Sri Lanka (including arrival and departure and reason for stay)
- Vehicle Registration.
- Visa Details.
- Driver’s License.
- Registration or certificate of title.
- Purchase invoice.
As with any import into a foreign country, the vehicle will be subject to custom taxes and fees upon arrival. To obtain an idea of the current duty fees associated with this transaction, it is recommended that you contact the Sri Lanka Customs Department directly.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Sri Lanka.