- Car Shipping Sri Lanka
- Ship Your Car To Or From Sri Lanka
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Sri Lanka
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Sri Lanka Vehicle Shipping Guidelines
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Sri Lanka
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Sri Lanka
- How A1 Carries Out International Transports
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Sri Lanka
Ship Your Car To Or From Sri Lanka
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars shipped from the U.S. to Sri Lanka cost $2,100 to $5,900 to transport, with the majority of those being transported in a shipping container since it’s an island nation.
- Smaller vehicles with less shipping weight tend to cost less than larger vehicles to transport.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Sri Lanka
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Colombo||$275||$3,200||5+36|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Colombo||$350||$2,000||5+39|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Colombo||$400||$3,200||5+36|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Colombo||$450||$2,000||5+39|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Colombo||$550||$2,000||6+39|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Colombo||$575||$3,200||6+36|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Colombo||$675||$3,200||6+36|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Colombo||$775||$2,000||7+39|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Colombo||$800||$3,200||6+36|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Colombo||$1,025||$2,000||7+39|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When making the decision to ship your vehicle to another country, it is best to do some research beforehand and seek the help of a reputable auto transport company. There are a variety of scenarios in which you may need to import your vehicle into Sri Lanka, but the most common situation would be for personal use by a non-national resident.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Sri Lanka Vehicle Shipping Guidelines
- Applicant should have at least a 6 month resident visa in Sri Lanka.
- Vehicle should be used by the license holder and his/her family only.
- The vehicle must be 3.5 years old or newer.
- When the vehicle owner leaves the country, the vehicle must be exported at that time.
- Vehicle should be right hand driven.
- Importation of a single vehicle by any one person MUST be limited to one occurrence every 5 years.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Sri Lanka
- Passport (and copy)
- Documents showing period of stay in Sri Lanka (including arrival and departure and reason for stay)
- Vehicle Registration.
- Visa Details.
- Driver’s License.
- Registration or certificate of title.
- Purchase invoice.
As with any import into a foreign country, the vehicle will be subject to custom taxes and fees upon arrival. To obtain an idea of the current duty fees associated with this transaction, it is recommended that you contact the Sri Lanka Customs Department directly.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Sri Lanka.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Sri Lanka
To get heavy equipment or oversized cargo delivered to Sri Lanka from the United States, it is in your best interest to enlist a long standing overseas transport company for their services and assistance. At A1 Auto Transport, we can ensure your load is shipped securely abroad by utilizing high caliber, tough transport gear and the most recent shipping innovations. With all that we have delivered in the past, there truly isn't any type of heavy equipment or oversized cargo we’ve come across that we can't have delivered outside of the U.S.
Here are some examples of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we can have delivered overseas:
- Large Vehicles (EX: Dump Trucks, Haulers, etc.)
- Heavy Machinery
- Farm Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Hydraulic Machinery
- Motor Graders
- Engineering Equipment and more…
It doesn’t matter what type of equipment or oversized cargo you intend to ship to Sri Lanka, we will add on free insurance coverage. This is partial coverage as mandated by the State of California. In any case, we have additional insurance plans available at low fees.
How A1 Carries Out International Transports
We have a few diverse delivery strategies we offer for the individuals who wish to transport equipment or oversized cargo off to another country. These techniques are totally protected strategies for anyone in need of overseas shipping services yet what is accessible to you will rely upon the kind of cargo you're transporting. For more information in regards to our overseas administrations, we decided to give you insight regarding each of our shipping methods...
- Container Transport
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
If your heavy equipment can slide safely into a 40ft shipping container then you should be able to use this enclosed transport method for your cargo’s delivery to Sri Lanka. The roll on/roll off shipping method is the cheapest open air transport service we offer yet it requires your vehicle or equipment drives onto and off of the ship using a ramp. Flat rack shipping secures your cargo to a metal frame before it’s placed on the boat, while lift on/lift off shipping is mostly recommended to crated cargo and those with inoperable vehicles.