Located in the central part of Province, you will find the major city of Sri Lanka. Kandy is also known as the second largest city in the country. Colombo is the number one largest city. The ancient kings had the privilege of creating this capital before the end of their era. Kandy is well known as both a religious and administrative city in Province.
When visiting Kandy for work or study or if you are coming back to Kandy as a returning citizen, you will need your vehicle to get around. You can hire a professional transportation company like A1 Auto Transport Service to assist you as you begin your journey of taking your vehicle from one location to another.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What You Should Know.
Shipping a vehicle over due to studying or because you are working in Kandy, you want to have your vehicle available to take off whenever you want. The paperwork to import a vehicle is very confusing so to have an expert in the field will save you a lot of time and confusion. You still need the same amount of paperwork but these professionals will assist you on your journey. Here are the requirements of Sri Lanka Customs Department for importing your vehicle:
- Your vehicle must be less than 3 1/2 years old.
- Your vehicle can only be used for your own personal use.
- You must have your Sri Lanka resident visa for a period of at least six months.
- The import of your vehicle goes where you are living.
- Your vehicle must have the driving mechanism on the right side.
- You can only import your vehicle for a maximum of five years from the time that you complete the paperwork.
Documents for importing your vehicle:
You can verify the right information at the Sri Lanka embassy located in the United States. A1 Auto Transport Service can also help with compilation of the documents:
- A driver’s license that is valid.
- vehicle registration.
- all the information and details for your visa.
- Proof of your Sri Lanka residency – Includes your departure, arrival, and the reason you are there.
Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most chosen method of importing your vehicle. You are allowed to drive your vehicle onto the deck of the ship where it will be secured. You will not be allowed to bring any personal belongings with you if you choose this method. You will also need to remove almost all of the gas as well as the air conditioning gas.
Container shipping is another method used to import vehicles from the United States to Sri Lanka. With this method, you are able to choose from the 20 foot container of you can choose a container as large as 40 foot. Your vehicle is secured inside the container and then on the ship. It is protected from any weather while being transported. The regulations for importing vehicles to Sri Lanka:
- Steering is on the right hand side of the vehicle.
- You cannot have any lease or lien agreement active on your vehicle.
- You cannot take the vehicle outside of Sri Lanka once it arrives.
- Your vehicle registration number must be accurate.
- You will have two weeks to register your vehicle once it arrives.
- You will not be able to use your own money to purchase a vehicle.
- All documents describing your vehicle will need to be submitted.
- Your vehicle will need to be operative before it can be transported.
Make sure you obey all the rules and regulations of customs when importing your vehicle. You will also need to pay all custom fees and duties associated with importing your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory