Located in the central part of Province, you will find the major city of Sri Lanka. Kandy is also known as the second largest city in the country. Colombo is the number one largest city. The ancient kings had the privilege of creating this capital before the end of their era. Kandy is well known as both a religious and administrative city in Province.
When visiting Kandy for work or study or if you are coming back to Kandy as a returning citizen, you will need your vehicle to get around. You can hire a professional transportation company like A1 Auto Transport Service to assist you as you begin your journey of taking your vehicle from one location to another.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kandy
|Kandy to (California port)|
to San Jose, CA
|Kandy to (New York port)|
to Boston, MA
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Portland, OR to (California port)|
|Kandy to (California port)|
to Seattle, WA
|Columbus, OH to (New York port)|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port)|
|Kandy to (New York port)|
to Chicago, IL
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Houston, TX to (New York port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What You Should Know.
Shipping a vehicle over due to studying or because you are working in Kandy, you want to have your vehicle available to take off whenever you want. The paperwork to import a vehicle is very confusing so to have an expert in the field will save you a lot of time and confusion. You still need the same amount of paperwork but these professionals will assist you on your journey. Here are the requirements of Sri Lanka Customs Department for importing your vehicle:
- Your vehicle must be less than 3 1/2 years old.
- Your vehicle can only be used for your own personal use.
- You must have your Sri Lanka resident visa for a period of at least six months.
- The import of your vehicle goes where you are living.
- Your vehicle must have the driving mechanism on the right side.
- You can only import your vehicle for a maximum of five years from the time that you complete the paperwork.
Documents for importing your vehicle:
You can verify the right information at the Sri Lanka embassy located in the United States. A1 Auto Transport Service can also help with compilation of the documents:
- A driver's license that is valid.
- vehicle registration.
- all the information and details for your visa.
- Proof of your Sri Lanka residency - Includes your departure, arrival, and the reason you are there.
Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most chosen method of importing your vehicle. You are allowed to drive your vehicle onto the deck of the ship where it will be secured. You will not be allowed to bring any personal belongings with you if you choose this method. You will also need to remove almost all of the gas as well as the air conditioning gas.
Container shipping is another method used to import vehicles from the United States to Sri Lanka. With this method, you are able to choose from the 20 foot container of you can choose a container as large as 40 foot. Your vehicle is secured inside the container and then on the ship. It is protected from any weather while being transported. The regulations for importing vehicles to Sri Lanka:
- Steering is on the right hand side of the vehicle.
- You cannot have any lease or lien agreement active on your vehicle.
- You cannot take the vehicle outside of Sri Lanka once it arrives.
- Your vehicle registration number must be accurate.
- You will have two weeks to register your vehicle once it arrives.
- You will not be able to use your own money to purchase a vehicle.
- All documents describing your vehicle will need to be submitted.
- Your vehicle will need to be operative before it can be transported.
Make sure you obey all the rules and regulations of customs when importing your vehicle. You will also need to pay all custom fees and duties associated with importing your vehicle.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org