Ship Your Car To Or From Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
The Sri Lankan city of Trincomalee is also commonly referred to as Gokanna and it’s the administrative headquarters of the Trincomalee District and one of the major ports in Sri Lanka. It’s located on the eastern coast of the island, overlooking the harbor.
The majority of vehicles get imported in Sri Lanka from the USA for $2,100 to $5,900. The majority of them are transported with a shipping container. Smaller vehicles are cheaper to import. When you make the decision of shipping your car to Trincomalee, it’s important to do the necessary research first. Sri Lanka is a vibrant and busy place with contemporary architecture and colonial era touches every here and there. This is one of the most popular tourist destinations. If you intend to be here for an extended stay, you might want to have your car with you. When you ship it to Sri Lanka, having A-1 Auto Transport service to help you out is definitely something particularly beneficial.
Required Documents for Shipping
Now, in order to get your car in Sri Lanka, you have to submit certain documents and to fill out quite some paperwork. However, A-1 Auto Transport is going to assist you with everything so it’s not the burden it normally is. There are quite a few requirements that you would also have to take into account such:
- Right-hand drive vehicles only
- Single vehicle import with a maximum limit of 5 years
- Import of the vehicle concurs with the relocation of the owner
- Vehicle less than 3.5 years of age
- 6 months resident visa for Sri Lanka
- Vehicle can be used only by the license holder and his family
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As for the documents, you will need passport, driver’s license, details for your visa and registration. You will also have to prove your Sri Lankan residence such as departure, reasons for staying and arrival. To know more about the details of shipping to Sri Lanka, contact the Embassy of Sri Lanka.
There are two methods that you can choose from when it comes to your relocation to Sri Lanka and they include:
- RORO: Roll-on/Roll-off method which gets your car driven on the shipping deck on the freight ship and driven off at Sri Lanka. It’s the most preferred method as it’s the cheapest way. You can’t carry any personal belongings and you are required to remove all the removable additions of your car.
- Container Shipping – you get to choose between a 20ft and 40ft container which stores your car and all of your belongings. That’s why this method is more expensive.
Import Guidelines for Sri Lanka
There are certain aspects and regulations as per of Sri Lankan Customs Department that you might want to take into account. You can’t take the car when you travel out of the country and there shouldn’t be any mortgages or lease agreements. You can’t use your own funds to purchase a vehicle and you have to submit all the associated documents with your vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?