Malaga is the capital of Malaga district and is located in the Autonomous Community of Andalusia, in Spain. It is also the second most popular city. Malaga lies on the Costa del Sol approximately 62.14 miles east of the strait of Gibraltar.
If you intend moving to this culturally-rich and panoramic city, it will be of advantage if you ship your vehicle with you from USA.
When moving, things can get very stressful, not only physically but mentally as well. In order to make the transition more smoothly, you will need to hire a professional in the auto transport business who knows how to get the vehicles shipped from the United States to Malaga. The agent will know exactly what you need and how to get your vehicle there with ease. They can also advise you on some of the rules and regulations required when shipping a vehicle. For example, Spanish Customs Department requires that owners of vehicles must be the owner for at least six months before shipping it to Malaga.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When you work with A1 Auto Transport, we take care of all aspects of the auto relocation. We will require that you have the following documentation ready when importing to Spain:
- The vehicle title.
- The original vehicle registration.
- Purchase invoice.
- Certificate of insurance.
- 2 documents that show the vehicle chassis number.
- Driver’s license in Spanish.
- After the ITV test, you will get your Technical Test Certificate Card – You will need this card.
- Registration document as well as the fee.
- Receipt showing payment for car tax.
- Original or photocopied vehicle purchase receipt.
- Certificate of Conformity.
- Proof that VAT was paid in the country that you purchased the vehicle in.
When importing a vehicle to Spain, you will need to pay VAT or IVA – 16% on vehicles that are imported outside of the ER or on a tax free vehicle which VAT hasn’t been paid. The registration tax depends on the CO2 emissions. You may need to pay 12%.
Once you have reached the port and are in Malaga, you will need to register your vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicles and you will also need to have a valid insurance policy that will cover you as the driver while you are in Spain. You cannot use insurance policies that you purchased before importing it to Spain.
Preparing your Vehicle for Departure from the United States.
You never know exactly how much you will pay for transport until you finish the process. The factors that can affect your cost are shipping method, the weight of the vehicle, and other factors. You can contact the U.S. Customs to learn more about exporting from the U.S. The Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is the most often chosen way to move your vehicle. This method is used around the world for shipping vehicles outside of the U.S. If you plan to stay in Malaga for good, you may want to use the container shipping method instead. You will be able to stuff your household goods and everything else in the same container as your car. Another way to ship is air shipping. This method is normally used to save time on imports. It’s the best way to ship vehicles that have value such as classic cars too.
If you would like more information about international shipping, you will need to speak to someone at the Embassy of Spain in USA. They can help you with shipping information to Malaga as well as surrounding areas. They can help you with customs regulations, driving in Spain, and local laws in Malaga.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?