Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Las Palmas
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The official name is Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and it’s the acting capital of the Canary Islands. It is one of the main trading ports and has bustling fishing industry. There might be plenty of reasons to move here for leisure or for work and you are sure to need your own vehicle when you are here.
You are going to have to hire a professional international transportation company like A1 Auto Transport service to provide you with some information upfront. There are plenty of documents to submit which includes:
- your driver’s license.
- your car title.
- social security number.
- Insurance certificate of the vehicle.
You can contact the U.S. Customs for further and important information regarding the process. When shipping a car to the city of Las Palmas, there are a quite a few things to be concerned, regardless of the fact that Spain in general is rather loosened on import regulations. The most basic regulation is that you’d have to have owned the car for at least 6 months prior to the shipping. Once your car is in Spain, you are going to have to get a local registration in order to get a valid driver’s license.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Insurance policy.
- Details of the vehicle- VIN, the number on the engine/chassis.
Before you ship to Las Palmas.
A1 Auto Transport service is going to provide you with all the information you need regarding the procedures as well as the paperwork needed by the Spanish Customs, that you need to fill out before and after the ship arrives at Las Palmas. They would also provide you with information regarding the preparation of your vehicle. You would need to clean it inside and out for some of the methods and for others you will be allowed to ship personal belongings. The cost for the shipment generally varies depending on the weather, the method of shipping and many more.
How to ship to Las Palmas.
There are three basic ways for you to ship your car to Las Palmas:
- Container Shipping – This is the second most used method of transportation. It allows you to place a lot of other items in the container and it’s perfect for people who are permanently relocating to Las Palmas.
- Roro Shipping – This is the most preferred way as it’s also the cheapest. It is also the quickest way to get your car overseas.
- Air Shipping – A lot of people prefer to use sea routes as they are not that expensive but there are also quite a lot of them that prefer air travel. This is the quickest way and you can also ship additional items with the car.
You can obtain more valuable information by contacting the Embassy of Spain in Washington, DC as they will provide you with the links to the documentation and also updated and current information.