Ship Your Car To Or From Spain
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Most cars transported from the U.S. to Spain cost $1,500 to $3,800 to ship.
- For oversize and larger vehicles, costs are generally higher, as are certain methods of shipment. The cheapest way to transport a car to Europe is in a shipping container.
Most cars that are manufactured in other countries can be shipped to Spain, but you may have to make some minor adjustments to conform to Spanish vehicle specifications if you want to drive it there. In fact, a certificate of conformity is required to register an imported car in Spain, among some other documents, which we’ll cover below.
Learn more about vehicle registration process in Spain.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
If you plan on driving in Spain, you should familiarize yourself with the traffic rules, their penalty point system and be aware of their regulations and expectations of other drivers. (For example, Spain has very strict rules against driving with any alcohol in your system and being caught doing so can carry a large fine and possibly even jail time.)
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Driving In Spain – A nice breakdown of the rules of the road for Spain, including speed limits, right of way and passing rules.
It is not legal to drive in Spain with foreign license plates so a car must be registered before it can be driven in the country. Even a short term stay requires a foreign vehicle to get temporary Spanish plates. See the section below for the full list of requirements for registering a car in the country after having it shipped by an auto transport company.
Moving A Car To Spain: Necessary Documents & Paperwork.
Shipping a vehicle to Spain is easier than it is to transport a car to some other countries, but there can still be hold ups if all of your paperwork isn’t in order. In the worst case scenario, it can mean your car is temporarily stored in a warehouse while everything gets figured out and you may incur additional charges. To avoid this scenario, make sure you have all these documents in order and know the appropriate agencies to contact with your questions if you have any.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Spain.
- Personal identification.
- Proof of residency in Spain.
- Proof of payment for duty tax and road tax.
- Registration & certificate of title.
- Spanish driver’s license and international driving permit (EU)
- Certificate of conformity.
- Proof of ownership.
- Bill of lading.
U.S. citizens must attend a driving school and take the driving exam in Spain. For more information visit the website for the Direccion General de Trafico (in Spanish).
Resources For Auto Transport To Spain
Embassy of the United States (Madrid) – If you need to clarify or verify any legal information about having a car transported from the U.S. to Spain, the U.S. Embassy will be able to steer you in the right direction.
Buying & Selling A Car In Spain – Everything you need to know about buying or selling a new or used vehicle in Spain, including how to file the proper documents and who to contact.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Find the right overseas transport company to ship your car to Spain from the US
- What will it cost to ship a car to Spain through an overseas auto transporter?
- Import vehicle into USA from Spain
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory