Granada is the capital and one of the larger cities of Granada province which is located in the autonomous area of Andalusia within Spain. Nestled in the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the city is panoramically located where the four rivers Darro, Beiro, Monachil, and the Genil converge.
A bustling city with plenty of opportunities to work and study, there has been a higher influx of expatriates and returning citizens that want to call Granada home. And if you are moving here, it helps to be at ease and importing your vehicle to Spain helps seamless commuting.
Although foreign car import is allowed in Spain, there are some specific adjustments that might be needed to adhere to the vehicle specifications as per the environment and emission laws of Spain. It is best to get the adjustment and modifications done before you ship the car as the Spanish Customs Department requires the Certificate of Conformity when you import. That is one of the reasons that working with A1 Auto Transport service help as we take care of all of these requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto import documentation.
It is important to have the documents organized so that there is no reason for any delay in clearances. If there is a delay, your vehicle is stored temporarily, at an additional cost, till all clearances and permits are available. We’ll work with you to ensure that all of these documents are submitted to the relevant government agency:
- Proof of ownership of vehicle.
- Passport and driving license.
- Proof of Spanish residency/work permit.
- receipts of payment of road tax/duty fees.
- Title deed and registration documents.
- EU driving permit/ EC Certificate
- Certificate of Conformity.
After the vehicle has been delivered to the owner, you will need to get the vehicle registered and get the local Spanish insurance so that you can drive it around. One of the essentials is keeping the emergency kit within the car at all times as it is mandatory in Spain.
Before you ship.
It is essential that you are aware of the total price for the vehicle shipment and it includes the cost of freight shipping. The taxes that need to be cleared are 16% VAT and the import duty varies from 20% (for 1 year old vehicle) to 80% (10 year old vehicle). Additionally, left hand drive vehicles are encouraged.
Thus, it is important to know the details and steps of the process. You need to ensure that the documentation is complete, and select one of the two methods of shipment to get the free quote. You have the option of shipping your vehicle using a closed container measuring 20 feet or 40 feet as you are allowed to ship personal goods alongside. This is expensive as it offers protection from the elements. The other more cost-effective method is Roll-on, Roll-Off which ensures that your vehicle is driven on and off the ship and during the transit period it is secured on the deck. Additionally, all alarms have to be disabled, air conditioning gas removed, no personal items within the vehicle before it is shipped to Granada.
To get more details of the latest import taxes, laws and regulations, contact the Embassy of Spain in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory