Madrid is one of the most fascinating cities in Spain as well as the Capital of the country. With both a historical feel to the city as well as being very technologically advanced, Madrid offers the best of everything to all who visit or live in the city. When you want to import your car you will have to hire a professional international auto transport company. Your transport agent will need you to provide some upfront information such as your driver’s license, car title, social security number and automobile insurance certificate. For important information on International Shipping Regulations, you can contact the U.S. Customs. While Spain has far fewer regulations to worry about than many other countries, Madrid, Spain does have precise customs regulations that must be adhered to when shipping a car to the city. The most basic policy concerning the importation of vehicles to Madrid is that you must have owned the vehicle for at least six months prior to importation. Once your car is in Madrid, you will need to register it locally in order to obtain automobile insurance that is valid in Spain.
You will need to provide Customs with the following documents when importing your car:
- Original Bill of Sale
- Original Title
- Original Registration
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Two physical tracings of the chassis number
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to Shipping to Madrid
The auto transport agent will be your personal source for knowledge of the shipping procedures and paperwork that you have to have before you can ship as well as when your car reaches Madrid. They will also give you any information that you will need to know about getting your car prepared to ship overseas. For some methods of shipping your car will need to be cleaned inside and out, and for other methods, you will be able to leave personal items inside the car. The cost to ship vehicles internationally varies based on the way the car is shipped, whether delivery is needed and the weight and size of the car.
How to Ship to Madrid
There are three ways to ship your car internationally and these are the choices you will have when shipping your car to Madrid:
- RORO Shipping– RORO Shipping is the preferred way to ship a car from the United States to Madrid. As well as being the most inexpensive method of international shipping it is also the quickest way to have your car shipped by sea.
- Container Shipping– This is the second most used way to ship a car internationally and is an excellent choice for anyone who is permanently relocating or will be in Madrid for an extended period of time as you are able to ship household goods or other personal necessities along with the car while it is being shipped by sea.
- Air Shipping– While most people will prefer to use sea routes to ship a car internationally, many also prefer to ship by air cargo plane. Shipping by air allows your car to be in Madrid in the quickest time possible and you may also be able to ship personal items along with the car.
For more valuable information on importing your car or personal household items to Madrid, Spain, you can contact the Embassy of Spain in Washington, DC. They can provide you with links to documents, traveling advice for roadways in Madrid and specific city information on housing, shopping and much more.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?