Graciosa Island or the White Island as it’s commonly referred to as is the northernmost of the Islands of Azores. It is a volcanic island which is dominated by a 1.6 kilometer wide central caldera or Caldeira located in the southeast part of the island.
If you are planning to move to this panoramic destination infused with white sand beaches and palm trees, you might want to consider having your own vehicle. Having your own vehicle is going to bring you tons of convenience and you wouldn’t be dependent on the public transportation services. Thus, when you are looking to stay here for an extended period, it is important to contact an international auto shipping company as it is extremely difficult to navigate through the import process on your own.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Summary of All Import Regulations.
First off, it would be a good idea to check with the Azores Embassy in Washington D.C. if you are going to ship your vehicle there. This is going to provide you with insight on the most current import regulations. As it is with any international import, you would have to submit a wide range of documents and to complete a lot of procedures at the same time. Some of these include:
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase invoice for the vehicle – you should have bought it at least 6 months before the import.
- VAT NR.
- Title document.
- Insurance policy.
- Proof of address in the Azores Island.
- Direcçao Geral dos Impostos Approval letter.
- Valid driver’s license.
The import duties are 16% based on the price of the car as well as a VAT that has to be also taken care of. You are allowed to keep your old US license plates for as long as 6 months after the import and then you have to apply for new ones at the office of Direcção-Geral de Viação. The officials are going to perform emission and roadworthiness test and if there are discrepancies you’d have to make the necessary modifications. These are the fees which are associated with your import.
There are two common methods which are available for you when you want to get your car delivered to the Graciosa Island. The A-1 Auto Transport could help you out with picking the best one. The methods include:
RORO option is when your vehicle is driven on to the shipping deck where it is going to be stabilized in position. This method is generally the preferred one as it is the cheapest but it leaves the car fully exposed to weather conditions.
The second method is container shipping where you can rent a container of different sizes depending on your particular vehicle. You can store other items within the container provided there is enough space and you can share containers with other people in order to spare some expenses. You will have to hire someone to put the car in the container and to fasten it up with while in transit.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?