Ship Your Car To Or From Vinh, Vietnam
Vinh is the largest city as well as the economic and cultural center of the north-central coast of Vietnam. It is the capital of Nghệ and is the main focus for linking Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, and of course Vietnam together.
If you plan to move to Vinh from the United States, or if you plan an extended visit, you may want to prepare your vehicle and bring it with you to Vietnam as well. Using your own means of transportation to get around can mean reduced delays in morning traffic when you are going to work or school. It can also decrease the chance of getting stuck somewhere or get off the wrong location due to the language barriers.
If you intend importing your car from the United States, it can be as simple as importing your household goods. If you plan to make your move permanent, you will most certainly enjoy the freedom of driving yourself. As with anything, there are rules and regulations that you will need to follow. You will need to ship your vehicle from a port in the United States to the port located in Vinh. Using a transport company like A-1 Auto Transport Service to handle the small and large issues of importing will reduce your stress and make your import more successful. They can even help you gather up all the documents that will be needed along the way.
Specific Motor Vehicle Laws and Requirements
Your vehicle will need to be in your name for a minimum of six months prior to you scheduling your import. It must also be driven over 10000 kilometers prior to shipment. Your vehicle cannot be any more than five years old. The duty will be at a rate of 100% the vehicle value when importing to Vietnam. Your vehicle must be a left hand drive only vehicle. No vehicle will be allowed to be imported if the vehicle has been owned by you for less than six months or you purchased it used.
Everyone transporting a vehicle into Vietnam will need to pay some amount of taxes and duties. However, the exception to this rule is if you are a diplomat. There are duty free import exemptions available for diplomats coming into the country.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents and Paperwork to Submit
Before you begin the process, you will want to gather up all the necessary documents so you can refer to them throughout the paperwork and you can submit the necessary paperwork with your application. Make a copy of these documents unless you are asked for the originals:
- Drivers license
- Your passport
- A copy of your title
- Registration card
- Proof of insurance
- Ocean Bill of Lading, OBL
- Import permit
Freight Shipment Options
To determine the cost of your vehicle, our shipping agent will ask you the following questions:
- What is the size of your vehicle?
- How much does your vehicle weigh?
- What is the make of your vehicle?
- What is the model of your vehicle?
- What shipping option do you prefer?
This is important to answer to get the most accurate quote so that you can budget accordingly. There are two shipping options available for you. These options include:
- Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method: This method is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. You will be able to keep only the floor mats, spare keys, a spare tire, and a car jack. All air conditioning gases will need to be removed prior to shipping and you will need to leave only 1/4 tank of gas in the gas tank. Your vehicle will need to be steam cleaned to remove any debris before it can be loaded onto the ship deck. Once it is ready for transport, it will be driven onto the deck of the ship using ramps. Once it is parked in a bay, it will be harnessed down on the deck for the trip. Although the vehicle will be exposed to weather and harsh elements on the open deck of the ship, it will save you money to use this method.
- Container shipping method: The most expensive way to ship a vehicle is through container shipping. With this method, you will choose a 20 feet or 40 feet containers. Once your vehicle is loaded in the container, it will then be hoisted up onto the deck of the ship for transport. It will be strapped down prior to the ship leaving the port. While on the trip, your vehicle will be completely protected by anything that could cause damage to your vehicle otherwise.
If you want to learn more about shipping to Vietnam, you can contact the Embassy of Vietnam located in the United States.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.