Ship Your Car To Or From Can Tho, Vietnam
Can Tho is the fourth-largest city Vietnam and it’s also the largest one in the Mekong Delta. It is overly noted for the floating market, the rice paper-making village as well as the beautiful canals. It’s located on southern bank of the Hau River. In the recent years, the city has felt a significant economic growth with particular impetus from the trade and commerce. With marked and tremendous improvement and brand new roads, traveling in the city is particularly easy. In case you want to move here or you have already relocated to Vietnam, you must already know how important having your own vehicle here actually is. This is going to make a lot more sense than buying a car in Vietnam.
Learn more about shipping to Vietnam.
Shipping to Can Tho
There are quite a lot of regulations that you would have to adhere to when it comes to shipping to Can Tho. It is important to abide by the procedures and compile the necessary documents for the submission process. In addition, you need to get all the extra details about what might be new in terms of legislative changes from the Embassy of Vietnam in Washington, D.C. some of the regulations as well as the exemptions which are applicable when you import your car to Vietnam include:
- The car has to be less than 5 years old in order to get imported
- The size of the engine needs to be more than 175 cc
- There is 100% duty on all of the imported vehicles, including motorcycles
- It is necessary to be a left-hand drive
- The vehicle has to be registered in the USA for the last 6 months and it needs to have at least 10,000 km on the mileage.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is also important to be the original owner because you can’t import second-hand ones in Vietnam. For diplomats and VIPs, the vehicle is exempt from duty taxes. It is essential to have an import permit as well as other documents, which include:
- Passport and driving license
- Title deed
- Insurance documents
- Bill of lading
- Vietnam custom declaration for the import
- Bill of sale
- Registration documents
There are two main ways that people tend to use when shipping their vehicle to Vietnam – RORO and Container shipping. Roll-on/Roll-off and it’s cheaper, quicker but also less secure – your vehicle is left exposed to the elements. The procedure is simple. You need to empty your vehicle, ensure that it is cleaned inside and then drive it to the port. Your vehicle is driven aboard using ramps and secured in place. When the car reaches the port in Vietnam, it is driven down. However, you are not allowed to keep any personal belongings inside, but only leave car jack, floor mats and extra set of keys.
On the other hand, container shipping allows you all the security in the world but it’s also a lot more expensive. However, people with expensive vehicles tend to prefer this in order to make sure that there are no damages to their cars. You have the choice of selecting a 20-feet or 40-feet, depending upon your budget and requirement.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory