Haiphong is by far the third biggest city in the country and has over two million people population. The name of the city stands for coastal defense as there is plenty of flame trees planted throughout it. This is the most influential port in the northern parts of Vietnam and it is a hub of a lot of multinational corporations.
Only Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi are larger than Haiphong. The last few years have been incredibly successful and that’s why a lot of people have shown great interest towards traveling to the city and it has become much easier to do so. In case you plan on moving here you might want to have your vehicle imported as it’s far more convenient than to rely on the public transport. It’s also going to be a lot more expensive for you to buy a new car in the country and thus importing your own one is definitely the most viable option.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping to Haiphong.
There are a lot of regulations to abide by when you ship to the city and you have to be in compliance with the procedures and submit all the documentations. Some of the most specific regulations which are characteristic for the entire process of shipping a car from the USA include:
- Vehicle must have been registered within the USA for at least six months before the import and has to have covered 10,000 km.
- Less than 5 years old.
- Less than 175 cc of engine capacity.
- 100% duty on all imported vehicles.
- Left-hand drive.
It’s also important that the owner is the original one because if the car has been sold or if the ownership has changed the car won’t be allowed to be imported to Vietnam. Diplomats and VIPs are exempt from duty. You have to get an import permit before starting the entire process and there are a lot of documents that you’d have to provide such as:
- Bill of Sale including the VIN, engine number, brand and make and model.
- Title and registration.
- Vietnam custom declaration for import.
- Bill of Lading.
Once the vehicle has passed through the customs and it has been thoroughly registered with the police office, the license plates are going to be issued. Your foreign ones can’t be used in the country. You can only use them if you’ve filed your application for local plates and for no longer than 20 days after. If necessary, the temporary license plates might be extended for an additional 20 days. Once the official ones are issued you have to attach them to the vehicle.
There are a lot of methods for you to go for but you have to consider that they are all priced differently and air shipping is the most expensive one and most people would steer away from it. The most overly preferred method is RORO as it’s the cheapest and yet the fastest one. However, you cannot send in personal belongings with it and if you want to do so you would have to go for container shipping instead which is a bit more expensive.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?