Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Hanoi
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The capital city of Vietnam, Hanoi is the second largest city and is located on the banks of the River Red. It is geographically situated about 75 miles from Hai Phong City and is nearly a thousand miles from Ho Chi Minh City.
In the recent years there has been tremendous growth of economy with special impetus from trade and commerce. With marked improvement in infrastructure and new roads, traveling has become easier. In case you intend moving here or have already relocated to this beautiful Vietnamese city, you know how important it is to have your own vehicle to travel around. Thus, importing your vehicle from USA makes a lot of sense than buying a car here.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto shipping to Hanoi.
There are plenty of regulations to adhere to when you ship to Hanoi and it is important to adhere to the procedures and compile the documents for submission. Additionally, you can get the extra details about the new regulations and laws that have been implemented recently at the Embassy of Vietnam. Some of the specific regulations and exemptions that are applicable when you import your vehicle to Hanoi include:
- It is important that the vehicle has been registered in USA for at least six months and has covered 10,000 km.
- Vehicle has to be less than 5 years old to be imported into Hanoi.
- The engine size of motorcycles has to be more than 175 cc.
- There is 100% duty on all imported vehicles including cars and motorcycles.
- It is important that the vehicle is left-hand drive.
It is essential that the owner is the original owner because if the vehicle has been sold or ownership changed, the vehicle is barred from import to Vietnam. For diplomats and other VIPs, the vehicle is exempt from any duty. It is essential to get the import permit before starting the process to have your vehicle brought in from USA. Additionally, there are plenty of documents that you have to submit including:
- Owner’s passport and driving license.
- Bill of sale including the details on the vehicle-VIN, engine number, model, brand and make.
- Title deed.
- Insurance documents.
- Registration documents.
- Bill of Lading.
- Vietnam Custom declaration for import.
Ways to ship vehicles.
Though there are plenty of methods to ship your vehicle to Hanoi, the total cost of freight shipping varies based on the mode of transit you have selected. The most expensive method is air shipping but it is the quickest. However, the price is exorbitant and that is why most people do not prefer it.
The commonly used method is Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping which is preferred due to safe transit and lower costs. If you compare RORO with container shipping, RORO is cheaper bit container shopping offers higher protection and security to your vehicle. You cannot send in any personal items with RORO whereas it is permissible to ship your household goods and personal belongings with container shipment.