Ship Your Car To Or From Muang Pakxan, Laos
The town of Muang Pakxan is located in Bolikhamsai Province, in west Laos. Muang Pakxan is the capital of Paksan district and is a fast emerging town. Strategically located on the Nam Xan river where it converges with Mekong river, it has been a trading point with Thailand, as the town borders it.
Learn more about shipping to Laos.
Laos is landlocked so this makes it difficult to import your vehicle to however, your vehicle can come close to this country by being delivered to Vietnam and then clearing customs before being hauled or driven to its final destination to Laos. The ports in Vietnam are Da Namg Port or the Port of Ho Chi Minh City. Cars that are shipped to the final destination will be subject to extensive import taxes. If you are a diplomat coming to Muang Pakxan, it won’t cost any tax. A1 Auto transport Service will be able to assist you in determining what documents you will need. Any vehicle that is being transported by a foreign diplomat is considered duty free.
Expected Costs and Required Documents
Importing your vehicle will save you more time in the long run as well as convenience of getting around when you want. The first thing you will want to do is to receive a quote to find out how much shipping will cost. The size of your vehicle will play a role in how much you will pay for shipment. If you want to import your vehicle to Laos, you will find that costs can run as low as $2100 and as much as $5500.
As per the Laos Customs Department, import tax can cost as much as 40%. There are also additional fees, regardless of if your vehicle is an expensive luxury vehicle or not. No vehicle can be a right driving vehicle if it is being transported to Laos. It is estimated that the luxury vehicle could pay as much as 3,000,000 KIP, which is equal to $372 USD, in additional tax.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicles can be imported on a temporary basis whether for tourism, personal, or for business. The transporting cost can quickly add up to an expensive bill. You should also factor in the cost of your vehicle insurance the freight, age of your vehicle, the type of vehicle you have, the size of your engine, and more. Before you can transport, you will need to make sure that you have documentation that is required for importing. This includes the following:
- Invoice that lists the details of the purchase of the vehicle
- The make of your vehicle
- Model/make of vehicle
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Registration of your vehicle
- Title of your vehicle
- Bill of Lading
- Letter of employment
- Import permit
When shipping a vehicle to Laos, you will need to determine which shipping method works best for you. There are two to choose from:
- Roll On/ Roll Off: This method of shipping is the most chosen method of shipping because it is the cheapest. If you choose this method, you will need to follow a few steps in order to prepare your vehicle for transport.
- Container Shipping: This method of shipping allows you to transport your vehicle as well as your personal and household belongings at the same time. Everything can be stored inside the container before it is placed on the ship for transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?