- Car Shipping Vietnam
- Shipping Your Car To Or From Vietnam
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Vietnam
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Vietnam Auto Shipping Prep & Driver’s License Laws
- Required Document For Shipping A Vehicle To Vietnam
- Resources For Shipping A Car To Vietnam
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Vietnam
- Assorted Shipping Methods To Consider For Your Future Transport
- Other Services
Car Shipping Vietnam
Shipping Your Car To Or From Vietnam
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a car to Vietnam is $2,300 to $5,600 for most standard sized cars, with higher costs for larger vehicles.
- The cheapest method of shipping a car to Vietnam is in an intermodal transport container aboard a ship.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Vietnam
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Haiphong||$275||$2,100||5+46|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Haiphong||$350||$2,100||5+28|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Haiphong||$400||$2,100||5+46|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Haiphong||$450||$2,100||5+28|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Haiphong||$475||$2,100||6+28|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Haiphong||$550||$2,100||6+28|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Haiphong||$550||$2,100||5+46|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Haiphong||$575||$2,100||6+46|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Haiphong||$700||$2,100||6+46|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Haiphong||$775||$2,100||7+28|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Compared to moving a car within the U.S., exporting a car internationally has some extra steps involved due to the logistics, laws, customs paperwork and taxes involved. At its simplest, moving a car to Vietnam involves four main steps:
- Location To Port - Before having a car moved internationally, it needs to be moved to a port, where it can then be delivered to the country of destination. In some cases, a client may opt to drive the vehicle to the port themselves, rather than hire a transport company to handle the first leg of the trip. Most companies (including this one) will handle both the mainland and international side of transport, which is preferable to including two different companies in the process.
- Shipping Paperwork - The paperwork needed to ship a car to Vietnam isn’t overly complicated, but it’s completely necessary if you expect your delivery to go off without a hitch. When you book your Vietnam auto transport with us, we’ll make sure everything is in order before your vehicle is picked up.
- Port To Port - This is the real work of moving a car to Vietnam. Shipping cars from a U.S. port to Vietnam is typically done in one of two ways: with the vehicle secured inside of a container that is loaded aboard a ship, or by driving the car onto a boat and securing it on the deck (known as RORO shipping or “roll on, roll off” transport.
- Taxes & Duties - Like many of the countries of Southeast Asia, that taxes on auto imports in Vietnam are typically on the high end and it’s important to deal with an auto transport company that has a complete understanding of them. Our team of experienced professionals has an expert grasp of all laws, duties, and taxes that apply to transporting a car to Vietnam.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Vietnam Auto Shipping Prep & Driver’s License Laws
Before having any car shipped internationally, it should be cleaned and serviced to ensure it’s in good running condition. Additionally, any external or non-permanent parts should be removed from the vehicle, as they can cause problems during a long delivery. Most companies will also ask that you completely empty the vehicle, especially if using RORO transport to Vietnam. In some cases, you may be allowed to include some additional cargo in the vehicle if it is being transported by containerized shipping.
Vietnam does not recognize the international driver’s license that many foreign countries require. As a result, you’ll need to apply for a Vietnam driver’s license when you arrive, which is not terribly complicated. Generally speaking, having a valid license from your home country will be enough for you to get a local license in Vietnam.
Required Document For Shipping A Vehicle To Vietnam
- Import permit.
- Residency card.
- Proof of ownership (original purchase invoice)
- Certificate of origin.
- Bill of lading.
- Authorization letter.
Click here to learn more about vehicle registration process in Vietnam.
Resources For Shipping A Car To Vietnam
Vietnam Traffic Rules - There are some important things to know before driving in Vietnam and this resource covers the basics of what you’ll need to be aware of.
Vietnam Driver’s License - As mentioned above, Vietnam doesn’t recognize the international driver’s license, but does make it easy to get a Vietnam license. This article will walk you through the process.
Embassy of the U.S. in Vietnam - An important resource to have at your disposal if you’re an American citizen spending time in Vietnam.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Vietnam
It’s extremely difficult to ship off heavy equipment or oversized cargo to a nation far away from the U.S. Having to comply with foreign policies or even having access to the proper transport equipment and haulers will prove to be out of reach for most. That’s why so many rely on skilled, experienced transporters for their help. At A1 Auto Transport, we’ve been shipping heavy and large cargo all over the world for decades. We have what it takes to oversee a successful delivery process every time.
There is a limitless amount of types of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to ship outside of the U.S. So, if you need to deliver farming equipment to Vietnam, don’t fret. We can handle it. Since heavy equipment and oversized cargo are more difficult to transport, expect shipping services to cost slightly more than they would for anything of lesser size and weight. To give you some insight as to what types of equipment and cargo we consider to be heavy or oversized, below is a list of examples.
- Pontoon Boats and Yachts
- Air Drills
- Cold Planers
- Log Loaders
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Asphalt Pavers
- Boom Lifts
- Crawler Loaders
- Heavy or Large Trucks
- Motor Graders
- Scissor Lifts
- Trenchers and more…
After viewing the list above, you can see that we’re able to ship basically any type of industrial, agricultural, mining, paving, or construction equipment. Just give us a phone call and tell us what you need to ship and we will help you from there.
Assorted Shipping Methods to Consider for Your Future Transport
A1 offers several shipping methods to any persons shipping large or heavy cargo overseas. The methods obtainable to you will greatly depend on what type of equipment or cargo you have to deliver into Vietnam. Fortunately, our transport technicians will help you with your options. They’ll give you insight of what each one entails as well as which one is best for you according to your cargo and circumstances. Since each transport solution is priced accordingly, we will even try our best to work within your financial means. Here are the methods of shipping we have to offer anyone transporting heavy cargo outside of the United States…
- Flat Rack Shipping
- Container Shipping
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping
Three of the international solutions we offer are open air shipping methods. Although your cargo may not be protected from outside elements during its transport, we do add on insurance protection to each of our customers’ shipping service plans.
- Overseas Moving Services to Vietnam
- Is it possible to have a used car shipped from the US to Vietnam?
- The cost of using a transport company to ship a car to Vietnam
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Vietnam using the container method of transport?
- Shipping your car to Vietnam through professional transport services is the safest way