Average Cost to Ship a Car to Germany
There is no easy way to give an exact cost on the transport of a car from the U.S. to Germany without specific information. Although they are nice to have for comparison purposes, any quotes you gather online or over the phone are likely rough estimates. Until the transport company is provided with certain details, they cannot give you an honest total for your shipping services.
It is said that the average cost to ship a car to Germany from the U.S. is anywhere around $2,000- $3,000. However, the cost of transport services aren’t the only costs involved with your car’s entry into Germany. You are also required to pay import taxes as set by the country. Germany has a 10% duty for imported vehicles and a VAT tax of 20%. These taxes along with any others must be paid and proof of the payment will be required by Customs.
Details that Affect the Cost of Shipping a Car
The price of the shipping process is determined by taking many different things into consideration. That’s why you must provide the most accurate details to the transport company if you wish to receive a quote closest to the final shipping cost. Below, are some of the factors that will affect the price of shipping a car to Germany.
- The brand and model of the vehicle
- The age, weight and condition of the car
- The distance in which the car must travel from the U.S. to Germany to reach its destination
- The shipping method and any optional services chosen to deliver the car
- Insurance fees
- Current fuel costs
- Season of the year
Other costs may be tacked on to the final bill. If you have any questions or concerns, ask the transport company to break down all of the fees totaled. The professionals at the transport company should have the ability to breakdown all charges shown on your bill.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory