How Much Does It Cost to Ship a Car to Germany?
One of the biggest concerns of car shipping customers is the cost of the transport. Auto transport services are actually very cost effective and affordable even when you’re shipping your car from the U.S. to Germany. You’ll even have a variety of shipping services to choose from so that you can work within your budget. Customer service reps for the shipping company will help you make any decisions, keeping your budget preferences in mind.
Details that Determine the Cost of Shipping Your Car
- The size and weight of the car
- The miles between the starting and ending locations
- The shipping services you chose to have the car delivered through
- The make and model of the vehicle
- The cost of fuel at the time of the transport
Your final cost for transport services cannot be determined until the shipping company has received all the information they need. When you choose your shipping services, you will notice that the RO/RO shipping method is your least expensive option. RO/RO shipping is a form of open air international transport often used by those that deal and trade cars, including manufacturers.
The container method may be more expensive, but it provides more security and gives you space to bring other belongings with you. Not everyone needs all the space provided. This shipping service is often shared between two individuals. This lessens the costs for both parties.
Taxes Associated with Vehicle Import into Germany
Germany’s import taxes and duties aren’t as high as most other nations. You can expect the import duty to be somewhere around 10% and the VAT around 20%. Other small taxes will also be applied to your total cost of taxes. Call the Embassy of Germany to find out what taxes you must pay to gain import approval. While you have the embassy on the phone, ask about the import regulations in place. They are the best resource for current import laws and tax rates. Of course, your transport professionals will also be of great help, making sure you fully understand all the laws and what documentation is needed to gain approval through Customs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory