The cost of shipping consists of various fees, determined by a number of things. This makes it impossible to name an exact price for an auto transport to Brazil. Fortunately, most international transport companies give an estimate to an individual within minutes. This is close to the total cost if the correct information’s provided.
Not only must you consider the cost of the shipping services purchased, but you must remember to pay the duties for the car’s import into Brazil. You absolutely cannot get permission to have the vehicle imported until proof of paid duties is provided to Customs. While the Embassy of Brazil can provide you with the most current auto import information, the taxes associated with auto imports from the U.S. have remained rather steady for some time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Information in Regards to Auto Import Duties for Brazil.
- Import Tax: 35% over CIF value.
- Sales Tax (ICMS) varies by state.
- Tax on Industrial Products (IPI).
- 2% for 1.0 liter engine models.
- 8% for higher power engine models.
- 38% for imported cars.
- Social Contribution Tax (Cofins): 7.6% of the final price.
- Social Contribution Tax (PIS): 1.65%
Because Brazil only allows newer and classic vehicles to be imported into the country, taxes can become extremely high. Nevertheless, it is still more beneficial to buy shipping services through a reputable transporter. Buying a car in Brazil is extremely difficult, and public transit presents language and currency barriers.
Costs Related to the Shipping Method Chosen for Your Car.
The way you choose to have your car delivered is perhaps the highest of all the expenses associated with the overseas shipping process. RO/RO shipping methods are much less expensive and average around $2,000. Container shipping methods are usually $5,000 or more, but provide you with enough space to have other belongings shipped over at the same time.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory