Porto Alegre is a city in the country of Brazil. It is located in the state of Rio Grande do Sul and is the tenth most popular city in the country. It is home to the Lacador Statue, the Usina do Gasometro, plenty of agriculture, and much more.
The city of Porto Alegre is desirable to many inhabitants due to its important industries such as agriculture, and shoe and leather. Many come for better employment opportunities. The country of Brazil is easy to travel with the exception of its mountainous regions, but regardless roads are bountiful.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Are My Options for Shipping?
RO/RO shipping and container shipping are practical and simple ways of shipping a vehicle internationally. While both vary greatly, they are the easiest methods to choose from, as well as the least expensive.
RO/RO shipping isn’t excepted at all ports, but it is the least expensive way to ship an automobile of any kind. It requires that the vehicle remains empty, except for a car jack, spare tire and floor mats. The vehicle must also be able to drive onto and off of the ship.
Container shipping is a little pricier but can be split with another individual if sharing the container chosen. There are several container sizes to choose from depending on how much is being shipped with the vehicle. The vehicle can be filled with property as well as the remaining space in the container. Just make sure that there property being shipped with the vehicle is acceptable by Brazil Customs.
What Will Be Necessary to Address Prior to Shipping.
Brazil only allows for new vehicles to be shipped into the country. However, if the car is over 30 years old, that is also permitted considering the vehicle is considered to be an antique. All vehicles must pass an emissions test to make sure that it is within the country’s standards. Otherwise, shipment will not be permitted.
There will be forms of documentation needed as well. These may include:
- title and registration.
- proof of passing the Safety and Emissions Test.
- license or picture ID.
- proof of ownership.
There might be other documentation needed. Contacting the Embassy of Brazil will allow you to find out everything that must be presented to Customs. Be present on the day your vehicle ius due to arrive in the country. Make sure you know which port to be at on that day.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory