The city of Sao Paulo is the largest in the country of Brazil. Being the most populous state, it has skyscrapers and some of the tallest buildings in Brazil. It has an extensive road network so traveling is easy for most. Although, coming from the U.S. it can be confusing at first.
Being the home of the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange, it is a very desired place for work and residency. Many come from all over to be a part of the action and the industries that flourish. If going there from the U.S. to live and work, having a vehicle of your own will be of great assistance.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping Methods to Select From.
Container and RO/RO shipping are the two most common methods of shipping, especially to countries bordered by oceans and waterways. Air shipping is another method, but it tends to be too expensive for most to take advantage of.
While not all ports accept the RO/RO shipping method, it is always a cheaper option. RO/RO shipping requires the vehicle to drive onto and off of the ship without anything in the vehicle. The only exceptions include a car jack, a spare tire and floor mats.
Container shipping allows a person to ship other property as well. This property can be kept in the vehicle or even in the container. Containers can be shared with another individual which will help cut the cost.
Requirements and Documentation Needed for Shipment.
Brazil allows new vehicles to be shipped into the country. However, if the car is over thirty years old, that is also permitted considering the vehicle is considered to be an antique. All vehicles must pass an emissions test to make sure that it is within the country’s standards.
There will be forms of documentation needed as well. These may include:
- title and registration.
- proof of passing the Safety and Emissions Test.
- license or picture ID.
- proof of ownership.
There might be other documentation needed. Contacting the Embassy of Brazil will allow you to find out everything that must be presented to Customs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?